2006 Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Red/Tan - New Clutch and F1 Pump | FerrariChat

2006 Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Red/Tan - New Clutch and F1 Pump

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Cscat87, Dec 19, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cscat87

Cscat87 Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #1 Cscat87, Dec 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Putting my F430 up for sale, just ready to move onto something else. This is a real drivers' car! I have 37,000 miles on it, and it runs absolutely amazing. Car is currently away for the winter, as it is every year at this time.

2006 F430 Spider F1 in Rosso Corsa over Tan Power Daytona seats
    Red stitching and piping
    Factory red carpets (Ultra rare!)
    Full carbon fiber interior trim
    Yellow Tach
    Tire Pressure Monitoring

Always maintained at Ferrari Long Island.
    BRAND NEW CLUTCH AND FLYWHEEL installed by dealer; September 2016 (Almost a $10,000 invoice combined with a service)
    New Updated F1 Pump in early 2016!
    New E-Diff Pressure switch and solenoids in early 2016 ($5000 service)
    Major service/overhaul in 2015 that included motor mounts, transmission mounts, variators, engine gaskets, a/c compressor and lines, TPMS sensors, 02 sensors, and much much more (will update this when I find that invoice with items listed) Over $20,000 service!
    Yearly service always performed at dealer, plus whatever they recommended replacing at the time while the car was in. Brakes, tires, fluids, filters, etc.

The only downside to this car is that it does start to show its age cosmetically. Most of the typical F430 common wear items, such as the drivers seat bolster is worn from getting and out of the car, the passenger airbag leather is starting to shrink, the soft top has some creases, the rear plastic window is a little cloudy, there are some small rock chips on the front end, and there is a 1" piece of clear coat missing from removing an old clear bra on the fender. Zero accidents or body work, clean Carfax. Clean New York State title in hand. Car is located in Long Island, NY (Nassau County). 2 keys, all books, manuals, car cover, seat covers, tool kits, etc all included. Nothing is missing. Wheels have been refinished in Graphite Grey and are in perfect shape.

If you are looking for a true drivers car that is meticulously maintained, has a full dealer service history, clean Carfax, and is "ready to go" for many many more miles ahead, this is the car for you. If you are looking for an immaculate garage queen to win shows, and are the type who is picky about any little scrape or imperfection, chances are you are prepared to spend significantly more for a "cleaner" example. Aside from the cosmetic imperfections, I have this car detailed regularly, and the popular "C-Quartz" ceramic coating has been applied to the entire car.

Asking $110,000 for this car. If you have a reasonable offer for a painless transaction, I can consider the deal.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I can vouch for Chris here. Super nice guy with a nice stable of exotics. I've seen this car at our meets and it really is nice. This car is a great buy. GLWS.

Chris I just sold mine. What's next for you?

3. Cscat87

Cscat87 Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thanks Steve. Looking to 'update' the fleet a bit. Will be selling this and my GranTurismo, and most likely getting into a Huracan to replace this, and a California to replace the GT. Looking forward to some spring meets.

4. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Good luck Chris.

We are gong to have a jam packed 2017 so keep checking the FCA emails. I hope you can make a couple of the rallies this year as well.

5. Cscat87

Cscat87 Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Taking offers. Car is 100% It is in winter storage right now sitting on a tender, but can show the car anytime. Get yourself a worry-free car.

Thanks Steve. Looking forward to joining in on some more events. Tough with my summer traveling, but I'll certainly be at a few! My FCA membership may have lapsed due to me forgetting to renew, but I'll be sure to get that done at some point as well. Hope all is well with you and your upcoming new toy.

6. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    beautiful car. love the pin stripe on the seats.

7. Cscat87

Cscat87 Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Price drop $105,000. I am pretty confident you will not find a better deal out there in today's market.

Thank you, the Daytona seats are must for this car, in my opinion. The red piping really make them pop.

8. Cscat87

Cscat87 Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thanks all. I feel, and have been told by many others that my asking price is very fair considering the condition of the car. This is not just any 37k mile car being listed dirt cheap by a used car lot. I have cared for this car with an open checkbook by Ferrari of LI and have invested almost $60,000 into it over the past 2 years, with the intention of making it like a new car again, and never give any issues for years to come. Those $90k cars you see will need $20-30k in work by Ferrari's recommendations when you take it for a PPI. Of course you can do the bare minimum and drive the car at 80%, but that is not how I do things. This one is completely sorted and needs absolutely nothing. You will thank yourself a year from now when you're out enjoying the car and the guy who picked up the bargain basement car is going broke trying to keep it on the road, and never enjoying it because its always in the shop.

9. Joey911

Joey911 Rookie

Jan 5, 2017
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Dr. Joe
    I think this is a fantastic deal for anyone looking for a convertible.

BTW how do you like the ceramic coating?

10. Cscat87

Cscat87 Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'm generally skeptical of things that are marketed as a snake oil, so I was a very late adopter of the whole "ceramic coating" craze. However, I was actually surprised at how much it makes a difference. Mainly, you really don't have to dry the car anymore. Water literally falls off the thing when you wash it. The soft top used to get soaked and take all day to dry, now it doesn't even get wet. Brake dust doesn't stick to the wheels or calipers, and dye from dark wash jeans doesn't transfer to the tan seats. All complaints I was having before I had my detailer apply the coating. So I have to give it 2 thumbs up from personal experience, and I have had him apply it to my other cars as well.

11. Cscat87

Cscat87 Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Price drop to $100k. This is a steal! Just trying to move into something new before spring. Can assist with transport anywhere in the country. I just sold another one of my cars this week (BMW) to a buyer in North Dakota and organized the transport for him.

12. zakiu

zakiu Rookie

Jul 31, 2016
    Payment sent. Shipper estimating delivery by the 10th of March. Looking forward to receiving it!

13. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Congrats to seller and buyer!

Chris what's on deck now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Cscat87

Cscat87 Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Enjoy! You're going to have a blast. That car shouldn't need anything for a LONG time.

Nothing purchased yet, but most likely an LP560 Gallardo to replace the 430, and a California to replace the GranTurismo. Will see what comes along, I just like trying something new every few years.

15. zakiu

zakiu Rookie

Jul 31, 2016
    FYI it appears as though the seller has committed fraud regarding this vehicle. Please do not allow edits in this thread. Thank you.

Jgivoo likes this.
  16. tvu

tvu Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Trieu
    Wow. Hopefully it's just a case of misunderstanding or communication. Hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction quickly.

17. Frontv12

Frontv12 Rookie

Aug 31, 2016
    Hmmm..

Let's see. An individual that is highly involved with FCA and over 10 yrs of posts on this site alone with vouched for 'friendships' in the exotic community, and someone with less than 60 days on this site is calling him a fraud.

This should get fun really soon.

18. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    That's a pretty strong accusation.

19. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA
    Does this dispute have something to do with the claim "New Clutch and F1 Pump" ?

20. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H

Zaiku, I don't think it's fair to make an obscure and inflammatory post like this without providing specifics. Chris went into great detail on the specifics of the car, both good and bad, in the original post. So it would be easy to state what you take issue with.

You also have another thread on this matter seeking a California attorney. It has similar vague and inflammatory statements. But it does state that you are well experienced in the automotive industry. So it should be pretty easy for you to state precisely what the issue is and obviously it should not be a case of buyer's remorse because you bought a well used Ferrari thinking you were buying a new one and suddenly you realize everything costs a lot.

I would have to say, unless you state more, I would have side with Chris. As Frontv12 said, Chris has a long, vouched for history in the community and he certainly deserves our respect unless and until proven wrong.

One last thing Zaiku, you are wasting your time looking far a SoCal attorney. You bought the car from Chris in NY. So you have to sue in NY and California "car law" does not apply.

21. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    +1

22. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    He dropped a grenade and just walked away. Wrong.

23. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve

+1. Chris has been very upfront here with what was done on the car and what it needs. Repairs were done by the dealer which I'm sure are reflected in the service records. Saying he committed fraud is pretty harsh. I texted Chris and apparently the CEL went on according to the new owner. A CEL certainly doesn't mean Chris is a fraud. What code did it throw? It could be very something simple.
    I too, would love to hear more on this from the buyer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    A CEL issue is absurd. I bought a Florida car, had a PPI done in Florida by a Ferrari dealer and when it arrived by transport in CA and came off the truck its CEL was on. There was no fraud and it was a simple fix. Also, anybody with automotive experience will know that even a poorly tightened gas cap can also set off the CEL.

Zakiu, the ball certainly is in your court. I think it is incumbent on you to set out the facts instead of just throwing bombs. If you actually accused Chris of fraud knowing nothing more than the CEL was on, I personally would find that to be astonishing for someone in the automotive industry and, if i was Chris, I would probably be looking for my own lawyer.

25. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    Claiming fraud for a CEL (which could be nothing) and blasting the seller in a public forum with multiple threads...Libel? ;) Since this is a private party sale, good luck with a suit even if it were blatant fraud.