MINT 1998 550 Maranello, 216XX miles | FerrariChat

MINT 1998 550 Maranello, 216XX miles

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by moorfan, Jan 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. moorfan

moorfan Formula Junior

May 11, 2009
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Pete
    #1 moorfan, Jan 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am offering for sale my 1998 550 Maranello. I have owned this vehicle for the last 6 years or so.
    Many of you may know this vehicle from my "sorting" thread that has been maintained in the 550 section of this forum. I have spared no expense on maintaining, refurbishing, and beautifying this vehicle during my ownership. All of the maintenance and work that I have done on this car is detailed in the thread:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/456-550-575-sponsored-bradan/334008-1998-550-maranello-sorting-thread-diy.html

Please read the entire thread to see exactly how comprehensive the maintenance and refurbishment of this car has been during my ownership.

Details about the car:
    1. Current mileage 21676 miles. I have put approx 5000 of these miles on in my 6 years of ownership. It has been kept in a climate-controlled garage, never left out in the hot sun, and has only very rarely seen water except for washes.

2. Last major completed 5/2016. The new owner will receive the vehicle with a fresh yearly service to consist of motor oil, gear oil, coolant change, brake/clutch fluid change and flush, and power steering fluid replacement.

3. The car still has Recaro Expert M seats mounted on the original Ferrari seat mounts. The OEM seats and hardware will be included with the vehicle and have been periodically conditioned and kept in climate-controlled storage during my ownership. If the new owner wishes me to reinstall the OEM seats, I am happy to do so.

4. The car is coated with Kamikaze Miyabi coat, and has 3M film on the hood, front fender, front bumper, and rocker panels. Finish is OEM except for the bumpers, which were resprayed by Bradan prior to my ownership, and the front fenders, which I had resprayed professionally due to clear coat damage from removing the stick-on Scuderia shields that it came with. The vehicle has suffered no damage of any other kind and has a clean Carfax.

5. The vehicle comes with an OEM Ferrari/Sony cassette head unit, which has never worked. OEM changer remains inside the boot.

6. Tires are Continental Extreme Contact DW, with decent tread remaining. They will probably need replacing in a year or so depending on miles driven.

7. Car comes with OEM toolkit, OEM manuals, OEM car cover/seat covers/wheel cover, and service records from prior to my ownership. Also includes a custom sunshield.

8. Every common Maranello issue I have ever read about has been addressed in this car, and is documented in detail in the thread. This car is, in my mind, FULLY-sorted.

9. The car comes with the Maranello Skunk Works COP ignition, as well as the old HT wires and coils. If one ever wished to go back to the original ignition (I have no idea why anyone would want to) it is easy to change back.

10. The car is exercised once or twice a week, ALWAYS respected with regards to proper warmup procedure, and is also periodically taken up to redline for the standard "Italian" tuneup :) No jackoff moves are ever done with this car such as burnouts, slides, or any other crap like that.

11. There is no evidence of any clutch slippage. Ever. Maranello clutches are known to last pretty well and this car's transmission and clutch have been driven very gently.

12. I have a number of spare parts as well as many 550-specific tools that I am happy to include with the vehicle as I really hope to sell to another enthusiast.

I have photographed the car the best that I am capable of and have posted the images in the following album:
    1998 Ferrari 550 Maranello by moorfan | Photobucket
    The problem for me is that I only own an iPhone camera, and have very bright flourescents in the garage for detailing purposes, so the photos are less than ideal. I do hope that they convey the absolutely amazing condition this vehicle is in. The paint has amazing gloss and depth and overwhelms the camera easily. Any potential buyers who wish me to photograph any specific parts of the car just need to contact me through this site and I will update the album with the requested photos, hopefully within 24 hours.

I am asking $150,000 for this car and all of the above extras. I do not believe that you will find another Maranello out there that has been taken care of and loved BETTER than this one. It is a sensational vehicle and I think if it is maintained in this condition it could continue to appreciate in value over many years, especially as vehicles become increasingly electric. This is not my first F-chat Ferrari sale; I sold my original 360 to another lister who can vouch to the condition of the vehicle he received. I don't NEED to sell; I confess there is a small part of my heart that would be happy if I could not find the right buyer; then I would end up keeping her. ;-)

Thanks for checking it out!

Regards,
    Pete
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Konadog06

Konadog06 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 22, 2007
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Well done Pete, sorry to see her go.
    GLWS.

Bill
    FL

3. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Beauty! GLWS

4. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    I loved #10 under details about the car.

5. moorfan

moorfan Formula Junior

May 11, 2009
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Bump for price drop to $140,000 for the whole deal. I have lots of pride in my near perfect example, but I need to listen to the market ;-)

6. Dino246gt

Dino246gt Formula 3

Mar 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba,
    Full Name:
    Dennis Ezmerlian
    I looked at the pictures at the link and WOW is that immaculate, gorgeous and so well detailed, sure wish I could afford it. I'm sure it will only go up in value too, beautiful!

7. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Sorry to see you and the 550 go. I'm sure Pete's car will just go up in value from here. I have read his whole sorting thread as it evolved and he has left no stone unturned.

8. moorfan

moorfan Formula Junior

May 11, 2009
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Thanks so much to both of you. Carl, all those stones I turned were turned with yours and others help. For that I thank you very much!

Regards,
    Pete

9. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Very nice example. Q: Are the OEM seats standard or Daytona?

10. moorfan

moorfan Formula Junior

May 11, 2009
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Pete
    They are standard seats.

11. monacojoe

monacojoe Rookie

Oct 25, 2016
    beautiful and well done