Ferrari 360 Coupe Manual Transmission | FerrariChat

Ferrari 360 Coupe Manual Transmission

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by GLS12, Feb 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Looking to buy a 360 coupe with a manual transmission, red/tan, with factory shields and a rear challenge grill. Daytona seats would be preferred but not a must. I do not want a garage queen, but the car must be in excellent condition with stickies already done and no tearing in the dash or the seats, no accidents, and no body or paint work (other than touch-up for minor rock chips).

I would prefer a car that either has after market headers or else is a 99 so as to avoid the pre-cats. If the car is a 99, must have records evidencing fixes of all issues known with that model year (variators, transmission and engine mounts, etc.). Ideally car would have records from new and would be around 15-20k in terms of mileage; I do not want any super low mileage cars nor any cars with more than 30k. Of course, i would want any potential car to undergo a PPI by mechanic of my choice. Have cash in hand ready for purchase for the right car and at the right price. Please send pms with any leads, questions, or the like.

2. drbruno

drbruno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2014
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Dr. Bruno L. Venditt
  3. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I have seen it, thanks. No factory, shields, and just looking at carfax, it is listed as a seven owner car, and while it may be very nice (I haven't looked into it further), given those facts and that it needs a major immediately, not what I am looking for. Again, many thanks for posting.

4. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I think there were about ~780 gated coupes imported to the US over the 5 year run. You may need to be pretty patient to get your exact requirements. Someone may be able to help with the general color breakdown % but it has been said that Ferrari front loaded the first offered year with a healthy percentage as opposed to a ramp up. So if you are looking for a 99 (less than 200 cars?) and it must be red (maybe 100 cars?) and factory shields (maybe 75 cars) and daytona seats (maybe 40-50 cars), and low owners (maybe ??? cars?) you are going to need some good fortune to fine this gem!

5. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Yep, understood. I do have some flexibility if a really nice car comes along that meets most of my requirements but doesn't hit them all. And I imagine that someone looking to sell theirs, if it is close to what I am thinking of, will likely let me know. Either way, I can enjoy my 328 in the meantime, so it is not like I am entirely Ferrari deprived :).

6. PFSEX

PFSEX Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2006
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    John Ratto
    I had a bunch of requirements when looking for my car and then did a similar analysis to that above and concluded that I was looking for something that was pretty rare.

So, when I found the car that ticked my boxes, I jumped on it. I have refused several offers since (including one from the previous owner, which made me feel good) to but the car from me. When you find a good one - keep it ... that's my mantra.

7. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    FYI not all 99's were included in the variator recall, and the cracking mount brackets, I don't think they were an actual campaign.

8. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Bump, still looking.

9. RammJaeger

RammJaeger Karting

Jul 24, 2016
    Woodstock, GA
    I've got one I'm getting ready to sell that meets most of your requirements but not all. Mine is a 2000, Red, Tan Interior with red piping, manual trans, some but not all of the stickies done, interior is in great shape, car is in overall great shape, 27k miles. Aftermarket shields. PM me if you have any interest.

10. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    The search continues. Still looking if anyone has the right car.

11. Trouts10

Trouts10 Karting

Dec 2, 2015
    Chino Valley, AZ
    Full Name:
    Richard Heilman
    I have mentioned before that it took me almost two years of searching, and VERY intense searching the second year, to finally find a Modena that had everything I was looking for. Don't give up. Maybe one will appear for you tomorrow, but be prepared for possibly a looooong wait. Best of luck.

12. drbruno

drbruno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2014
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Dr. Bruno L. Venditt