FERRARI 1996 GTB - NO RESERVE - NO RESERVE | FerrariChat

FERRARI 1996 GTB - NO RESERVE - NO RESERVE

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by MrRdStr, Mar 4, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    The first bid is great!

2. FiveLiterEater96

FiveLiterEater96 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2005
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Wow, nice car!

3. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    wow, no listing under description?
    Photos only.

4. MrRdStr

MrRdStr Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    AJ.
    Just noticed that , I don't know what happened I will edit once I get back to my home computer

5. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    autocheck shows like 5 or 6 title changes

6. MrRdStr

MrRdStr Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    AJ.
    I am the fifth owner.

Sunday morning coffee bump.

7. xpensivewino

xpensivewino Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2008
    Simi Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Need to know basis
    I've never understood why anyone bids up a no reserve item during the auction period???? If everyone would wait, and submit a $40,001. bid at the last second, someone is gonna win it, just based on timing.

8. ricmat

ricmat Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Ricardo

in theory it's not that different. If everyone follows and does the same, everyone will put up their best bids last second and the top one will win. So if you want to bid now 40k (or whatever is your best) or wait until you and all other put your best last second, the best will still win :)

only point that I agree with is that it may bring more of a bidding war, but if everyone rational and know how much they can bid, then it's the same. just timing

9. MrRdStr

MrRdStr Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    AJ.
    85 followers and climbing. Meaningless until the funds are in my account :)

10. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    my kid has been selling stuff on ebay..... the amount of winning bids that actually pay is abysmal.

i have noticed numerous cars that have met reserve that i was bidding on get relisted due to non paying bidders. i have little to no confidence i am bidding against a real buyer vs. someone trying to run up the price for a reason i cannot figure out.

11. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Good luck with the sale

12. dsevo

dsevo Formula Junior

May 7, 2007
    Flower Mound, TX
    Full Name:
    Dustin

An unscrupulous seller can have a friend or family member bid the item up in hopes that someone else will bid more and win the auction. I think it happens a lot on the higher value items with no reserve. It's essentially a way to have a reserve without paying for one.

13. randomlambo

randomlambo Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2013
    RI & MA border
    Full Name:
    DT
    Until the actual buyer does some due diligence post-win and finds out that they overbid for the car and never comes through with the payment.

I think on eBay the car auctions are non-binding?

14. MrRdStr

MrRdStr Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    AJ.
    This is a real deal auction guys. I'm not looking to waste anyones time.

15. dsevo

dsevo Formula Junior

May 7, 2007
    Flower Mound, TX
    Full Name:
    Dustin

I apologize, I wasn't intending to suggest you are running any type of scam auction. Just answering the gentleman's question regarding my experience on eBay.

Beautiful car. I forwarded the link to my grandfather.

16. ferrarisun

ferrarisun Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2011
    Seeing the same cars relisted after being "sold", 5 and 6 times, shows that Ebay really could care less about getting rid of the deadbeat bidders. Perhaps someone can explain why Ebay would make bids, "non-binding"?! The derelicts can sit at a computer all day, bid on item after item,& have no intention of buying anything. Sounds like the 355 is really for sale, (GLWS), but are ANY of the bidder's for real?

17. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Gorgeous car. Sending to a few folks I know and applying appropriate peer pressure. ;)

18. ricmat

ricmat Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    I did bid and I'm for real :)
    The question is at what price - as if not for real bidder put the price in the clouds, then real ones are out

Let's see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. ferrarisun

Feb 13, 2011
    Let's say your the 5th highest bidder, when the auction ends. The seller contacts the winning bidder, gets no response (deadbeat bidder). Can the seller, then go down the list of bidder's, contacting them, until they come to a real bidder?

20. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Yes, it's called a second chance offer.

21. MrRdStr

MrRdStr Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    AJ.
    ^ correct

22. ferrarisun

Feb 13, 2011
    Right about the "second chance", just wonder how far down the bid list you have to go, to find a genuine bidder? As an example, looking at Ebay earlier today, on the SOLD section of 360's, there is a red 360, that sold twice in January of this year, and once in February, with 70, 57, and 86 bids, and looking at the bidder's, auction to auction, most were different bidder's each time. And who knows if it even sold the 3rd time. Just wish Ebay would do something about the non-paying bidders, but as I mentioned earlier, when they say that bids are NON-BINDING, that just opens up the floodgates for the dregs. And for people like Mr Roadster that is listing his car to SELL it, that isn't fair to him. Wishful thinking, but I keep hopping that someone like Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, or Mark Zukerburg, will start a auction service like Ebay, USED to be. If they ever did, in 6 months, Fleabay, would be nothing but a bad memory to people. Again, good luck on selling a very nice looking 355!

23. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Well technically if you don't pay, you get an unpaid item strike. Get 3 and you're out...supposedly.

24. MrRdStr

MrRdStr Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    AJ.
    3 days......