355 - Craigslist $30k f355 | FerrariChat

355 Craigslist $30k f355

Discussion in '348/355' started by AbarthDave1, Apr 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AbarthDave1

AbarthDave1 Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2015
    Marietta
  2. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    "The F1 is selling for over 100000 on great shape"
    Not certain what that means, and it has pump/actuator issues......
    Does not sound like a "steal" to me unless you have serious DIY skills, and I dont.

3. Joshman0531

Joshman0531 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2012
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Joshua Seidenberg
    Looks like a nice, clean, well maintained shop. I'm sure that's the only thing wrong with it and could be back on the road with wrench, some duct tape and paper clip....if you're McGyver.

4. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    You guys laugh but that's actually a pretty good deal. And in a good color too.

5. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Definitely a good deal.

6. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    What would a 60K-mile F1 sell for if it had no mechanical issues?

7. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    maybe 40-50k? hard to say...all about the condition

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Roll the dice..

We just had a video tour of FerrParts, where dozens of F1 systems sit on the shelf like a dead octopus, ready to go!!!

Fix it over the weekend....
    :D :D :D

9. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    No, a 6 speed would be $100K, LOL!

As, it would still be driving around town......
    ;)

Beetle likes this.
  10. Ducman491

Ducman491 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Mentor OH
    Full Name:
    Jason
    It is a great color!

11. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
    I think what he is trying to say is:

A great condition 355 F1 is selling for over $100,000. Which isn't true but the typical CL crowd doesn't know that.

Good deal in my opinion...even more so if you have the skills to work on the car as others mentioned.

I suppose it's better to buy a $30k car that needs a lot of work than a $50k car that needs the same amount.

Could be mechanically sound aside from the F1 issues. The shop looks pretty rough though.

12. Joshman0531

Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2012
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Joshua Seidenberg
    Okay, so I was kidding in my first post but we all know that the only thing wrong with this 355 is not the actuator. There is no way it ended up in a shop like that at $30k without other issues. No idea on the interior and it definitely looks like it has spent some time outside. You're gonna need a real major to start with since he most likely doesn't have good records, not that you wouldn't want to start over anyway.

Of course, it also depends on how bad you want one, what you're willing to put in to it and what you're willing to drive. It very well may be a gem waiting for some attention.

It's definitely not a $100k car. In great shape, maybe would bring $70 - $75k.

13. 45exc

45exc Rookie

Nov 8, 2013
    A 60k 355 is a kiss of death!! and no way it will bring $70k or anywhere near. it will swallow $30k in repairs and then some and then Ferraristi DO NOT BY HI MILEAGE FERRARIS!!! lots of dreamers on this forum and not experienced or knowledgeable at all with Ferraris. its not a common regular car and maybe people out there can buy one,but very FEW can afford to keep one up and hi miles kills those cars:) thats a fact!

14. RennSport93

RennSport93 Karting

Mar 7, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Joe Bellisario
    People like drivers! My dad has about 10 Fcars at present,one of them being a 456 with 189,000 miles. It's nice to have a Ferrari that you don't feel bad about driving around all the time.

nicholasn likes this.
  15. Joshman0531

Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2012
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Joshua Seidenberg
    I am not buying this car and I do consider myself an intelligent as well as a well informed owner. I have a 355 F1 and I have put some money in to and I love it. No Ferrari is common or regular but you can certainly restore one to a very good condition including this one if the issues were known. 60k mile is higher than average, but well sorted could still be a good car. There are more tell tale issues here than the miles and actuator.

The issue with this car is all of the unknowns with no records etc., so you don't really know what your getting into except the actuator. Don't make assumptions of people's knowledge on this forum after 20 posts.

16. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    If you look at Classic Coach shop in New Jersey, it doesnt look like a clinical shop at all and yet you will find 333SP, F40 LMs, SWB, Laferraris, 2 or 3 F40s, Miuras, Californias, etc..

17. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Well said.

18. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

I think it would be even less in great shape. Closer to $60k. And i would say with belts done.

19. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Well if you could talk him down to $25 K I might jump on it, but I doubt it.
    A good PPI should determine if it is worth fixing financially, I don't have the DIY skills for a 355 to make it worth it. But at this price the taboo and forbidden thought of parts car comes to mind.
    No way would I take that on either, don't want to spend the time taking it apart, packing/shipping parts, and I don't have the room.
    Someone on here is smiling, they have the space, the time and the skill set.
    They have probably already contacted the guy ;)

20. Joshman0531

Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2012
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Joshua Seidenberg
    As I said in my first post...I was kidding about the shop etc. I know a pretty shop doesn't necessarily mean quality work.

BTW, just posted and it looks beautiful with a great color combo - https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ferraris/549082-1999-f355-spider-f1.html only $59k. I don't know anything about but at least the preso is really nice. So RennSport93, you're probably correct on price that $70 - $75k is way to much for this car even well sorted.

21. TestaLA

TestaLA Karting

Mar 6, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    I say roll the dice. If I were in the area I would offer 20K and see what happens. The bottom number is not 30K. Just make sure the car actually runs and drives and do it!

22. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    Zero reason to spend 30k on that car.

Spend a little and convert it to a manual car.

It obviously didnt have too mamy problems over the years it has 60,000 miles on it.

Its a driver one that doesnt need to be perfect and wont ever be perfect.
    Miles only kill a car if you think your going to flip it.

For a driver why would you care what the miles are?

nicholasn likes this.
  23. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I was just in an Indie dealer in naples and there was a silver/Bordeaux f1 f or $139k

24. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    .....and the mileage on this car is ?

25. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    That car would be great if you wanted a mint 355 that you wanted to have rebuilt to perfection. Like buying a house your gonna gut and re-do. At least your not paying a premium for something your gonna repair or replace anyway.