F430 Scuderia 16M | FerrariChat

F430 Scuderia 16M

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by txitalia, Jun 27, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. txitalia

txitalia Formula Junior

May 5, 2013
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #1 txitalia, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    2009 F430 Scuderia 16M
    8,400 miles
    Silver, with red,white, and green stripe
    Red leather interior
    Red leather shelf panels
    Complete with seat covers, steering wheel cover, and indoor cover
    New Optima battery
    New cloth top
    New Bridgestone Tires

I bought her off a friend in need a couple years ago. He bought her as a crashed vehicle and repaired her. Then we took her apart and touched every nut and bolt and re-assembled her with correct Ferrari factory bolts. Aligned every panel to perfection. Correctly routed every wiring harness. Made sure EVERYTHING works correctly. Have been driving her sparingly to preserve value, yet enough to keep everything working as it should. If you know Ferrari's, then you know they don't like to sit!

I have documented ALL the work completed at Ëuroworld Motorsports in Houston, TX. It is almost 12 pages of meticulously documented work. Just as you would want on a car as special as this one. As you can see, she is simply beautiful. The color combination is extremely rare and not likely to be seen around anywhere, soon. The values of these cars are near all time lows and with only 499 made, the future value of these cars will be tremendous!

Well, I have enjoyed her well enough, but I am just not a convertible guy. I simply prefer coupes.

Although I prefer to sell her outright, I am open to trades plus cash for another Ferrari.

Did I mention I prefer coupes?

So, take a look, ask questions, and let me know if you have any interest.

Asking $339,000. The is available for inspection/PPI at Ëuroworld Motorsports.

I will add more pictures as requested. But for now, enjoy!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. txitalia

txitalia Formula Junior

May 5, 2013
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I am surprised by the lack of interest, here. Any suggestions. I know this is a tough crowd. LOL

3. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    The crashed part may of hindered interest. My guess.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  4. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Crash plus high price.
    Pretty car, glws

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  5. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Awesome looking car, i am not looking to buy one,not in the near future anyhow.

I could imagine the main question would be the crash details?

GLWS

Ooops just saw the previous 2 posts above.

6. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    Any interior shots?

7. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Gorgeous. GLWS

8. Rpin

Rpin Karting

Aug 24, 2016
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rpin
    At that price and being a salvaged car, the next owner is going to be facing massive depreciation when the car turns 10+K miles. You're looking for a buyer who will just drive the car and rack up the miles without caring. Probably priced incorrectly for this scenario, but you never know.

There's a Speciale on eBay for 299K that's also a salvage and likely facing the same issues.

9. txitalia

txitalia Formula Junior

May 5, 2013
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #10 txitalia, Jul 18, 2017
    Thank you all for the excellent advice. I'm shocked by the price drop. Last summer, there only a few for sale in the country. They were asking close to $500k. Now there are 14 on DuPont Registry, alone. I was expecting to lower the price to $350k. But the market has taken quite the nosedive, this year.

The car has a clean Texas title; no salvage. Just a simple crash repair. You can simply enter the VIN into google and the crash details come right up. Experian (the credit reporting agency) is handling accident reporting directly through the dealerships, these days.

Anyway, just being as honest as I know how to be and the marketplace is the ultimate authority in determining prices.

Here is a pic of the VIN. Will post more interior pics, tomorrow.

10. setbkk

setbkk Rookie

Mar 16, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Searched google, first 9 entries gave no accident info. Recommend you provide an appropriate link so interested people do not waste their time searching for naught.

11. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

how extensive was the wreck? Any pics?

12. txitalia

txitalia Formula Junior

May 5, 2013
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Frank
    When I put the car's VIN into google, here is a link to the entire first page. Please let me know if it does not work for you:

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&hl=en-us&ei=allvWf7HFoTymAGS97noDw&q=ZFFKW66A190168674&oq=ZFFKW66A190168674&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.3..41.69480.71013.0.72341.9.9.0.0.0.0.413.1766.0j6j2j0j1.9.0....0...1.1.64.mobile-gws-serp..6.3.700...30i10k1.YdMRUJ-XC6Q

13. txitalia

txitalia Formula Junior

May 5, 2013
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I did not take any pics of the process. When I first saw it, it was just another wrecked exotic in my friend's shop. They come through there on a regular basis. He had completed it and been driving it for a couple months when he asked me to purchase it.

But from what I remember, it had the front bumper, passenger front fender and suspension components on that corner replaced. I could see the obviously new parts when I pulled the service panels.

Like I said, earlier, we touched everything we could put our hands on and confirmed assembly. Including the alignment. She's good and then some! We will happily supply our repair records to whoever wants to have it PPI-ed so they can double check all our findings.

14. Drive550PFB

Rossa Subscribed

I clicked on the link and none of them described the damage at all.

Can you just give us a ballpark on the cost to repair it? I know this is the shop's cost and not retail, but it would help.

15. txitalia

txitalia Formula Junior

May 5, 2013
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Frank
    When I talk to him, later today, I'll ask for his invoices on the car.

16. txitalia

txitalia Formula Junior

May 5, 2013
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #17 txitalia, Jul 19, 2017
  17. txitalia

txitalia Formula Junior

May 5, 2013
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #18 txitalia, Jul 19, 2017
  18. txitalia

txitalia Formula Junior

May 5, 2013
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Good morning! After much more research (and teeth grinding) I have decided to lower the sale price of our silver girl to $309,000.

I'm still working on those repair invoices.

19. Drive550PFB

Rossa Subscribed

I appreciate the openness you have taken with this posting. I have long considered a 16M, and I love this car and color scheme. I am even willing to take a car that has been wrecked, because I drive all my cars often, and don't keep them in the garage to enhance resale value.

However, at that price point, on a wrecked car, it just isn't for me.

Don't undertake the invoice search on my behalf. Good luck.

20. txitalia

txitalia Formula Junior

May 5, 2013
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I appreciate that. You have asked a legitimate question that a serious buyer is gonna ask. I need to be able to provide that information. Thank you for your honestly.

21. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Price and accident.

Good Luck With the sale. :)

22. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Frank, your website seems to suggest to you're not selling this privately, but as a dealer (if I'm wrong please correct me). Maybe guys are strictly looking private party, no stories, sub $300K. Just some guesses

23. txitalia

txitalia Formula Junior

May 5, 2013
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I personally own the car. My shop is not a dealership for cars. Merely parts & services. In Texas, I can sell up to 5 cars per year without a dealership license. I can also consign for people without a license.

Like I said earlier in the listing, I'm open to offers and trades plus cash. A PPI is also welcomed and even encouraged.

I have purchased repaired cars in the past. As long as I know the repair was done correctly, and the price is good, then it's a great opportunity to pick up a true 'bucket list' car and enjoy it the way it was meant to be driven without the worry of severely devaluing the car.

24. txitalia

txitalia Formula Junior

May 5, 2013
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Good Morning, Fchatters!

New Price on the 16M: $304,999.