2000 360 Modena F1 - fully documented 2-owner driver | FerrariChat

2000 360 Modena F1 - fully documented 2-owner driver

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by jlclt348, Jul 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jlclt348

jlclt348 Karting

Jul 7, 2013
    Ridgefield, CT
    Full Name:
    Justin
    #1 jlclt348, Jul 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    2000 360 Modena F1. Red/tan leather. This driver car has higher miles, but only two owners + has complete factory service history since new. Needs about $7k in maintenance per quotes provided to me by FNA and fchat vendors. 56,700 miles. Car is located in CT. $59,000.

The car is 100% original except the TCU, which has been flashed to the 360 CS version.

Issues and estimates... To be 100% clear about what you're getting into, I've listed items below with information on parts/service costs as quoted to me by forum vendors and Miller Motorcars in Greenwich, CT (FNA). Your own suppliers and labor costs might be less. Here is the list, in order of importance:

- Persistent CEL: error code is for cat temp warning. Fabspeed sport cats can be sourced on FChat for less than $3k. The various bits and pieces (brackets, extenders, etc.) will push the cost up over $3k. Miller quotes $696 for the installation.

- Brakes: Pads have about 20% remaining. Full pad replacement on all corners: $1,889 parts + labor as quoted by Miller.

- Headliner: the headliner collapsed last year. I have the leather piece in perfect condition. It just needs to be reinstalled. I don't have a cost for this.

- Rattling in doors: internals likely need to be rebuilt. Miller quotes $174/side to estimate the parts cost. No firm cost on the rebuild. Seems like a good DIY project.

- Sticky: minimal given age of car. Heaviest on center console buttons, around the ignition switch and passenger door handle.

- Small crack in front spoiler. You have to look for it, but it's there. Will post a detail pic later.

- Optional: I ordered a replica challenge grill, but never installed it. Add $1,500 to the purchase price if you want to include this part. Miller quotes $348 to install it.

Pictures: I will post more pictures this weekend, but I wanted to get this ad up ASAP. I've been riding the sell/don't sell train for MONTHS with this car. Now I've made up mind and I need to post before I change it :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. jlclt348

jlclt348 Karting

Jul 7, 2013
    Ridgefield, CT
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Price reduced to $57,000

3. The Nutsack

The Nutsack Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Posted for two weeks with no comment? Not even some 348 owner chiming in with, "nice 348 in the background!"?

I'll bump a very fairly presented and fairly priced car!

4. BrianNYC14

BrianNYC14 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Brian E
    Hope you find a good home for your 360.

5. jlclt348

jlclt348 Karting

Jul 7, 2013
    Ridgefield, CT
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Thanks, guys - I've been a little surprised by the lack of response. Sure the miles are high, but the price is low. Of course, every day it doesn't sell is another day I get to enjoy it! I do need to free up the garage space though, so come on buyers...

6. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Looks like a good value.

7. Tim1137

Tim1137 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2011
    Providence - Boston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I'd be interested for the right price. When was the last belt service, and what is the clutch % reading?

8. JAD355

JAD355 Rookie

Oct 24, 2011
    Connecticut
    I'm in ct when was the major last performed? I would like to come and take a look at it.

9. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Seems like a pretty good deal considering the car has complete history. Good luck selling it. I've had to delay my 360/430 purchase for at least 6 months but otherwise I would have been very interested.

10. jlclt348

jlclt348 Karting

Jul 7, 2013
    Ridgefield, CT
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I purchased the car summer 2015. No major or belt service while I've owned it, so it's due. Clutch wear at my PPI in June, 2015 was 88%. That's the most recent reading I have.

11. jlclt348

jlclt348 Karting

Jul 7, 2013
    Ridgefield, CT
    Full Name:
    Justin
    FYI - records show a rebuilt transmission installed by Ferrari of Silicon Valley in October 2013, at 51,174 miles. $20k+ in parts! There's a sad little story in the fine print on the invoice: "CUSTOMER HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGES RECEIVING ORIGINAL ESTIMATE OF $1,700. APPROVED REVISED ESTIMATE OF $24,500."

ouch

12. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Wow. Those price quotes for the work seem rather outrageous. $2k for pads (what does that include?) and $350 to install a Challenge grille? Nuts. The grille install is probably an hour job, if that, and I'm replacing all 4 brake pads and rotors for under $500, using OEM Brembo rotors and Monroe pads. Add labor, and you should still be around a grand, if not slightly under...and that's both pads and rotor replacement.

The car looks good and the miles are a non-issue for a driver, but I'm sorry, there is absolutely no reason for those price quotes. Absolutely insane. GLWS.

13. ferrarisun

ferrarisun Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2011
    OUCH!! What did Silicon Valley do, jack up the radiator cap, and run a new car in, under the cap!??? That would take the wind out of the sails of any owner. (and drain the wallet). GLWS.

14. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
    You need a Euro 308 and I need a driver 360

15. ferrarisun

ferrarisun Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2011
    Wonder, just had badly, had that F1 trans been, bashed, trashed, & abused, to need over $20,000 in parts? Might have been cheaper to have bought a whole new, in the crate transmission, from Ferrari, (if they still have them available),? Sounds like Silicon , must have changed out everything except the transmission case, it's self.

16. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    That's crazy. I saw a receipt when I was car searching for a reman motor from Ferrari that ran 26k total, including install. Maybe it's all different in California but a lot of those prices seem insane.

17. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    If my truck were already paid off, id sure be tempted to pull the trigger on this. Unfortunately need to pay the truck off first.........

18. jlclt348

jlclt348 Karting

Jul 7, 2013
    Ridgefield, CT
    Full Name:
    Justin
    The invoice shows the rebuilt transmission was $16k.
    Around $2k in labor.
    The rest is all the misc parts, include +$1k for the flywheel...

19. jlclt348

jlclt348 Karting

Jul 7, 2013
    Ridgefield, CT
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Guys, thanks for the feedback. I'm taking the car off market. Will sort out all the issues and re-list for real money in the spring.

20. Gator1

Gator1 Karting

Sep 23, 2014
    Westport, Ct.
    Full Name:
    Herm
    Nice. Smart Move