Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Model Specific Discussions > FF/F12

Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2012, 08:24 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Scott
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavallini View Post
I'd do just the reverse, without thinking. The Lambo would be a weekend special for me. F12, everyday, all day, any time or place.

Besides, the Aventador doesn't really sound like a Lambo V12 any more. I think the Germans lost its soul somewhere in their pursuit of numbers. It sounds good, don't get me wrong, just not that Lambo V12 baritone that used to sound much better than any Ferrari. Now every Ferrari sounds as good or better.

And the Enzo replacement will apparently be going against Bugatti, Kon-egg and Pagani. It's rumored to have 920HP, 7.3 V12 and have real F1 tech like the KERS. Ferrari's taking off the gloves, which they should.

Forza,

Cavallini
Sound better than any Ferrari. That's funny.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 03-28-2012, 02:17 PM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: CH
all that came before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy View Post
This month's EVO promises a "full story" of the F12 in the next issue on sale Wednesday, March 28. Not sure if this includes a road test, but sounds promising.

I'd take the F12 anyday over the Aventador.
evo 169
Though Ferrari's inspiration, the 250 SWB is missing from that group...
CH
Attached Images
File Type: jpg evo 169.jpg (62.3 KB, 548 views)
Old 04-26-2012, 09:31 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Audi Fan View Post
I find the comparisons amusing. Is there anyone out there who owns both a Ferrari and a Lambo? They seem to be mutually exclusive. I'm convinced there isn't a single person or family anywhere that owns both a Ford truck and a Chevy truck ... same concept. So it isn't about comparing individual models to one another, it's comparing an entire line and the design philosophies behind them.

There isn't a Ferrari currently produced that I wouldn't be proud to drive, yet I could never drive a Lambo, it just isn't my style. And that's okay ... there are countless Lambo guys who wouldn't be caught dead in a Ferrari.

Comparisons sell magazines and prompt senseless debates over which one is "better", yet seldom are those comparisons completely honest or based on anything in the real world. And, yet, I can't envision anyone planning on buying a Lambo but changing their mind based on a review in some magazine.

And don't you think that the manufacturer's make the models different "enough" so that there really isn't a head-to-head comparison?
Couldn't have said it better myself. Many folks will offer subjective opinions about price points, production numbers, engine placement, and so forth, but many of these considerations are trumped by simple individualistic passion for a brand and the perception it evokes. Ferrari is less flashy then Lambo and pretty much always has been (I mean seriously, look at the Countach), but with an F1 and racing heritage built into the DNA of the automobiles, Ferrari evokes a different message, especially to customers who are more attune to the legacy issues attached to these amazing cars.

Honestly, I may be in a position to consider an automobile like an F12 or an Aventador, and my natural inclination leans heavily toward the F12. Personally, I think it embodies a next generation body style that is so incredibly sexy, but it does it in a way that celebrates the evolved automobile -- which pretty much sums up how I feel about most Ferrari cars. Lambos are full of fierce aggression and sleek mid-engine styling that results in a classic low-slung sloping sports car design that demands attention from all observers, and I personally find the Aventador a stunningly impressive car to behold, but I don't want one because it is not my style (borrowing your words).
Old 04-26-2012, 02:44 PM
Karting
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Charles, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTE View Post
The F12 is, as a frontengined GT, a typical Ferrari.
The Aventador is, as a midengined supercar, a typical Lamborghini.

Really no point in comparing the two. They are for completely different audiences.
I disagree. The top models from the two top Italian supercar companies should always be compared, even if one is more of a GT.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 04-26-2012, 07:25 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Paul
I'll take an F12. Every time.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:59 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Shashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgck13 View Post
The new SV will not qualify because it is based on a lesser model.
Not sure I follow you on this one. I would consider the 288GTO one of the true supercars and it has very humble beginnings with the 308. it is completely based on a lesser model; basically a 308 extended, widened, and with a faster engine.

Separately, I have to say Hawkeye's color combo really allows me to appreciate the Lambos lines. That car rocks!!

I simply don't see what many see as attractive on the F12. I know I need to see it in person but the airbridge kills it for me.