Racing Seat Lifter | FerrariChat

Racing Seat Lifter

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by 134282, Jan 24, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    #1 134282, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    So this is new - at least, new to me as I've never seen it before. Can anyone tell me what it is, and/or what function it serves?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
    #2 -CD-, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. ferr9000

ferr9000 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    Full Name:
    SFF
    I think the same,for example the 458 Speciale has that option too,but with no extra cost.

4. msgm1

msgm1 Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    NYC
    Ah this is good news, as I sat in an F12 last week with racing seats and the seat was definitely too low for me and I have not had that issue with the racing seats in my previous 458 coupe and spider. Happy to see that there is and option to adjust the seat height as my F12 should be here any day now.

5. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    And the privilege of lifting your seats will cost you only $2409

6. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Total BS...Ferrari charges enough for the racing seats, to charge $2400 US for them to extend their mental mounting bracket-plates??? Where do they come up with this stuff :(

7. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Is it seriously just metal brackets?

Just one more thing for short guys to be angry about!

8. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Randy Newman haters unite!

"Short People...got not reason to live" :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NvgLkuEtkA[/ame]

9. Noblesse Oblige

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    If I didn't see the sticker I wouldn't have believed it. Maybe it is different equipment?

10. Maser GTS

Maser GTS Karting

Sep 18, 2011
    I believe that the racing seat lifter for $2400 is electric.

11. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    If the seat is like a scuderia, what I did was to adjust it manually. I removed te whole seat, including the rails, from the car. When the seat is outside of the car, you just have to remove 2 bolts on the front and back. The middle bolt attaching the seat from the rails should be loosened and left in place as the seat can be raised even it attached.

When you have the seat outside of the car, it's easier to turn over the seat and adjust it facing te rails. Then return the seat.

Took me 45 mins.

12. SSR

SSR Formula 3

Jun 14, 2007
    Subscribed.

13. Noblesse Oblige

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    That would make sense. The mechanical brackets don't.

My impression is that racing seats do come with a lift capability as standard but it is a job for screw driver or wrench to use it, so that many have their dealer's service department set it.

14. Maser GTS

Maser GTS Karting

Sep 18, 2011
    I've confirmed that the $2400 racing seat lifter is electric.

15. SSR

SSR Formula 3

Jun 14, 2007
    so it is not possible to move them mechanically ?

16. Noblesse Oblige

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    If the F12 is like the 458, you can move them mechanically but it is not simple. A nuts and bolts operation. The kind of thing that you do once -- set it and forget it.

17. Maser GTS

Maser GTS Karting

Sep 18, 2011
    Sorry, but I don't know the answer for sure. I suspect one still should be able to move them mechanically as one does with the 458. That operation should take less than an hour.

18. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    It's not.

19. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    It's a lever located on the outside of the drivers seat which raises and lowers the seat mechanically through a ratchet mechanism. Unlike in the previous generation race seats found in the Scuderia and the GTO which if fitted with the optional lifting device, it is no longer necessary to remove the seat to change the height. Without this lifter you are not able to change the fixed height of the racing seat, which I personally found to be too low in the F12.

20. Maser GTS

Maser GTS Karting

Sep 18, 2011
    Thanks for the information. Seems my source was wrong. Sorry, about that. But the important point I think, is that this option allows one to more easily adjust the seat height.

21. msgm1

msgm1 Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    NYC
    So Nads did you retro fit the lifter system on your F12, because I too think the sports seats in the F12 sit too and I did not order the lifter as an option.

22. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    I actually ordered it as part of my factory spec. I had the opportunity to sit in a F12 before I had to lock my spec and knew immediately that the fixed height was not going to work for me. Personally I feel that, considering the cost of the race seats in the first place, it should be part of their original construction. For Ferrari to charge extra for this is a liberty taken too far, but they are masters of the 'options' game and they know exactly where to squeeze their customers.

23. SSR

SSR Formula 3

Jun 14, 2007
    Ok today my tech removed one seat and he is going to make 1" Nylar seat bases and will use larger grade 8 bolts to secure the seat.
    Will have this done next week.

24. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Leather headliner was standard in the Maranellos, but I see it is extra on the F12 and it was also optional on the 599 ($472). They are worse than Porsche on option prices, some of which you would expect to be standard on a $300K car, like Homelink.

25. SSR

SSR Formula 3

Jun 14, 2007
    Im doing my mod today...