Just ordered ! | FerrariChat

Just ordered !

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by cwazyeurodrivr, Mar 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cwazyeurodrivr

cwazyeurodrivr Karting

Mar 12, 2017
    Bedford, NH
    Hey everyone..

I'm decided it's time to get into a new world. I've been a now 5 time Range Rover Sport owner, ( just got a 17 Sport Autobiography ) , and I also have a 17 F-type SVR convertible . I love the sound of the exhaust, handling and power of the SVR, BUT..... MPGs, I haven't gotten it above 13MPG ( which is worse than my range rover ) cargo space is terrible , sound system & infotainment software, SUCCKKSSS , and worse of all I'm 6'2'' 190lbs and the seat is pushed back as far as it can go and the leather rubs against the back interior wall constantly, the the point where it's worn a hold in the leather on both sides of the back of the seat. The car is only good for a day trip at best. The jag has been unbelievably reliable with the exception of a few TPMS sensors going bad, software updates, and a couple plastic covers behind the rearview mirror constantly falling off.

So this past friday I ordered a 18 GCT4 Lusso, tri-coat white, saddle tan, with black inserts and black center console, glass roof, hifi sound & apple car play, carbon fiber trim inside and out. Loaded with everything. I'm being told it might be built late summer, but most likely mid winter 17, and delivered sometime beginning of the year.

Anything I should know? look out for? suggestions? recommendations? etc

THANKS!

2. cwazyeurodrivr

cwazyeurodrivr Karting

Mar 12, 2017
    Bedford, NH
    Does anyone have opti-coat or ceramic pro on their vehicles? do you recommend it? pro? cons?

Thanks

3. Staj

Staj Karting

May 25, 2016
    V8T or V12?

4. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    Congrats! Do you have any photos of your configuration? Is the black color of the center console extended to the back ski hatch?

5. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Congratulations, nice upgrade for sure. :) FF or GTC best DD out there.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

6. cwazyeurodrivr

cwazyeurodrivr Karting

Mar 12, 2017
    Bedford, NH
    V12

7. cwazyeurodrivr

cwazyeurodrivr Karting

Mar 12, 2017
    Bedford, NH
    #7 cwazyeurodrivr, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yes it extends from the dash to the trunk/boot . I personally wanted it black because there was just way too much saddle tan ( or as Ferrari calls it " Cuoio" ) for my liking, so I opted to put black to break up it up a bit. I also did Alcantara headliner a few people at the last show I attended said the leather causes a bit of glare. , I did thick black stitching seats and dash reduce the glare on the windscreen was also another suggestion and I went with it. I wanted the classy vs sporty look.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. cwazyeurodrivr

cwazyeurodrivr Karting

Mar 12, 2017
    Bedford, NH
    Thanks, Can't believe there is almost a year wait for it, but I'm hoping it will be well worth the wait.

9. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    I see thanks, the online configurator doesn't offer the option to see the ski hatch in black but only on the interior's respective color. I've only seen it on some 70th Anniversary models.

10. cwazyeurodrivr

cwazyeurodrivr Karting

Mar 12, 2017
    Bedford, NH
    yeah it showed better on the dealer configurator, hence why I went for it. It makes it look like 4 bucket seats, instead of washed out saddle tan everywhere.

11. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    Did you by any chance configured the door panels in black only to see how the cabin looked, that is only the seats be in Saddle Tan?

12. cwazyeurodrivr

cwazyeurodrivr Karting

Mar 12, 2017
    Bedford, NH
    I didn't I can change it, but I liked the 2-tone on the doors

13. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    unsolicited suggestion - if you're getting your car from a local dealer (eg. Miller), I'd highly recommend you let them wash the car if need be, and then have Anthony Federico (Touch of Glass Detail) do a full detail, coating and coordinate the Xpel/3M/et al.

Anthony does superb work, he's done all of our cars, knows Ferrari paintwork and is local. Happy to connect you to him. This is a bit of an investment, you may/may not want to do something like this....seems to be some who swear by paint correction/coating and others who could care less.

As far as products, we've tried most, the ceramic coatings are quite good and really put a shine to the car IF done properly, and best part is the car stays cleaner/cleans up easier. The "coating" space evolves quickly, so I've let Anthony recommend the best-at-this-moment product.

14. cwazyeurodrivr

cwazyeurodrivr Karting

Mar 12, 2017
    Bedford, NH
    Thank you !! I did order from Miller , I didn't like Boch Ferrari of Boston attitude and took them 3-5 days to respond to v-mails or emails. I was ready to sit down and order from them , but no response until a week after I stopped at Miller on my way out of NYC.

When you get a chance yes , I'd like his contact information to pick his brain and see what he thinks is best. Pro of living in New Hampshire , no sales tax on $450k car , con , not many good car detailers unless I go down to Boston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Congrats ! Triple layer paint probably needs a wrap ... it's amazing, yet can't really be touched up. $7,500 ish to do it right and wrap all the edges.

16. cwazyeurodrivr

cwazyeurodrivr Karting

Mar 12, 2017
    Bedford, NH

Thank you ! I can't wait , I think I've watched every YouTube video on the car haha

I'm def doing xpel clear bra on the front end , hood , headlights , mirrors , the rest of the car I'm either doing opti-coat or ceramic pro .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Just do it all. I did the bumper and mirrors, no hood ... also not triple color. I was looking at a used one in your same color combo w. aniline leather, looked good, had a blemish on an edge however from an idiot with a buffing wheel. Can't be fixed. Rock or car door dings on the fenders or doors, same.

18. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    #18 Caeruleus11, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    Congratulations! I think if you are going to drive the car often, and in foul weather, then I think most of these coatings wear down. I tried it on my wife's SUV as an experiment and it just didn't last any better than when I waxed it with my tried and true Klasse all in one. And they are not going to protect you from stone chips. If you are going to use it for nice weather, then having this on your car will result in a more glassy look and as long as you maintain it with their chemicals, it will remain for quite some time- I have it on several Ferraris that never see foul weather. Not because they melt, I just prefer other things for foul weather.

I see you are in NH. If I were in your spot, and if I were going to drive this car during the winter- even if its after snow storms but with all the junk on the road, I would do both a full car wrap and the ceramic coating- they make them now for use with the clear film wraps. It would be best if you hand wash the car and use the recommended chemicals. My guess is you'll need a professional detail and reapplication of the ceramic annually- but it will be worth it. JMHO.

PS- as mentioned above Anthony is awesome and I could not think of anyone better.

PS- I love your spec, which wheels did you go with?

19. cwazyeurodrivr

cwazyeurodrivr Karting

Mar 12, 2017
    Bedford, NH
    Thank you! I hope I find myself driving the GTC4 more than I drive the Jag! Don't get me wrong the Jag is FUN to drive but it's not good for a daily driver , or a weekend trip.

Yes I'm in NH, the live free or die state.... I'm seriously thinking about having the entire vehicle wrapped in clear bra, and then opticoat on top of the clear bra, but once I get this Anthony detailer contact info, I'll ask him what is best to do based on his Ferrari experience in the LOVELY New England weather.

I could do what I've done on my rovers, clear bra on front, hood, headlights and mirrors, then Zanio brothers car polish 2-3 times a year , or maybe have this Anthony or Ammo guy come up to NH and do my vehicle a few times a year.

I've also decided to extend the warrantees to the maximum coverage, added wheel and rim insurance contract, and have a stinger VIP front, rear, and side Radar and laser detection & jammer installed, and a blackvue front and rear dash cam.

I picked the 2-tone diamond finish rims, and I'll order winter wheels and tires when I know a delivery timeframe.

20. cwazyeurodrivr

cwazyeurodrivr Karting

Mar 12, 2017
    Bedford, NH
    hummmm reg white would save $20K

21. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Plus 6 to 10 for the wrap. It's a beautiful color, yet there are issues. Any triple paint should be wrapped IMO. And not really a great choice for a daily driver.

22. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Very nice! I didn't realize the Stinger system was available in the USA. This is why I love Ferrarichat because I often learn something new. I'm curious as to the purpose of usingthe Blackvue dash cams?

I think maybe the best advice is to speak with Anthony or Larry Kosilla (the fellow from AMMO) who I hear is also excellent- and get their thoughts.

I think you need to decide if you want to have any role in the maintenance of the car's finish. If yes then will want a setup where you can protect your car and also make maintenance relatively easy. If no then still you need to protect the car but now its someone elses headache entirely.

PS- I love Zaino Brothers stuff too.

I enjoy keeping my cars clean but I like to leave the heavy lifting to the pros. Either way welcome to the family!

23. cwazyeurodrivr

cwazyeurodrivr Karting

Mar 12, 2017
    Bedford, NH
    I spoke with the dealer and they said they have another client with a 2014 FF the same tri-coat white, but with blue leather. He said the client wrapped the entire car in clear bra, then coated the clear bra in Ceramic pro, uses it as a daily driver from Greenwich to Trumbull CT everyday day in all weather conditions and hasn't had any issues. Said he would contact the customer and see if he would speak to me. Said the client has Anthony detail the car every 4-5 months and while it's being serviced at Miller motors.

24. cwazyeurodrivr

cwazyeurodrivr Karting

Mar 12, 2017
    Bedford, NH
    I'm going to be talking to Larry tomorrow , and come up with a game plan. He said for a small fee he'd travel to NH to detail my vehicles as well.

I enjoy cleaning my vehicles when I have time, when I don't.... I have someone clean them. I usually do Zanio kit once a year on my own ( usually labor day weekend), hand wash when I can, have it hand washed , or when it's at the dealer tell them to do a basic cleaning , but only with fresh clean wash mitts.

Thank you , I can't wait to get this GTC4. I took the jag out of storage before the weekend, put it in my heated garage and slowly cleaned it all weekend for pictures. I listed it on Jag forums, and I have 2 people already wanting to see it this coming weekend.

25. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Congrats - Great spec - Enjoy in good health :)