TurboS to go with F12 | FerrariChat

TurboS to go with F12

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by bobhitch, Mar 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bobhitch

bobhitch Formula Junior

Jun 28, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Looking at a new daily driver to go alongside my F12 , so wanted to ask opinion from current owners.
    My current daily is a 2016 Cayenne GTS , I love it for daily use.unfortunately so does my wife,so much so that she wants it and wants to sell her eclass cabriolet.
    I'm looking at a new 911.2 turboS or turbo to replace the merc and this will become my dd.
    The reviews are very good and my local Porsche dealer raves about them.
    Does anyone own and daily drive either of these?
    If so , is it a good purchase??
    Cheers,Bob

2. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I had a 991 turbo S as a daily for 1,5 years, it is a great dd! :)

3. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    Hi Bob.... I used to own a 911 turbo 2015, and I traded it in w a 488...the 488 is just amazing but I miss the usability of the 911 turbo....the only issue w the turbo (and I guess w the turbo s) that u do not feel engaged w the car, its not that fun to drive, its fast but not fun to drive, u will like it but not sure if u will love it....but if u are looking for a DD w less attention, still a fast car...then go for a turbo s....u need also to test drive it before making the decision....my combo is an FF and a 488...the FF is a great DD but it will attract a lot of attention..... good luck and enjoy your F12 always.....

4. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Wait for the new Panamera Turbo S Hybrid, coming this Fall.

5. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    Same here, except that my 991 was turbo only, but plenty already, and I like steel breaks pedal feel and efficiency on Porsches too much to get an S.
    As good as it is, as fast as it is, something was still missing...The turbo is surgically good. But little emotions. The FF fixed that problem for my daily drives :)

6. bobhitch

bobhitch Formula Junior

Jun 28, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I traded out of an FF into the F12 , perhaps I should have kept it ��

7. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR

8. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Hi Bob, this did cross my mind too! Maybe you need an extended test drive in the 911?

9. Pinarello

Pinarello Karting

Sep 20, 2013
    Visalia
    Full Name:
    Roberto Gugig
    I have an FF and a turboS great car for daily, fast , comfortable, super reliable

10. RipVega

RipVega Karting

Jan 12, 2014
    Berkshire
    I have F12, 458 and 4S. An excellent combination, IMHO. Now considering changing the 4S for the new, manual, GT3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Tupps11

Tupps11 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2009
    I would use the F12 as the DD. I know it sounds a bit out there, but the car is just that good.

You paid all that money. You smile every time u sit in the driver seat...so just drive it. Its a car after all.

:)

12. RipVega

RipVega Karting

Jan 12, 2014
    Berkshire

Agreed.

13. 996TTurbo

996TTurbo Formula 3

Apr 9, 2006
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Agreed
    I can use f12 as my daily in Florida but have kept ff due to the added space and seats

Imo and I was a big Porsche guy, turbo s as mentioned is fast but boring
    I had the road/tire noise also and there isn't much room in it for me I'm 6'3 and bodybuilder big

How about an s550/63 coupe or cabriolet?
    Amazing car

14. mdwac

mdwac Rookie

Sep 30, 2007
    I have F12 and TTS (had a '14 and just got a '17 last week). I drive the Porsche 80% of the time. It is just a little more practical as a DD in terms of not worrying about where to park it, has less glitches, etc. Before anyone flames me, I love the F12 but that is my experience

15. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    #15 iloveferrari, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My current daily driver is Lotus evora 400 in verdes ithaca. The handling is way better than my porsche GT3 and GT4. It is a primary reason that makes my california T HS much more boring in comparison and why I am looking for a F12. Give it a try.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Get the cabriolet version of the tts...

17. F1BHP

F1BHP Rookie

Mar 10, 2017
    I feel Lotus are starting to get back to where they should be. That green looks amazing, is it comfortable enough for a DD?

18. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Have had a tts as a dd for 3 yrs now. Wow now what a piece of engineering! And so user friendly! The ultimate stealth weapon! Every single time I get out of it I think to myself wow what an amazing machine! An exhaust is definitely a must though - no question there. But to even remotely suggest this car is even remotely boring...well you lost me right there - best go and get your pulse checked. And make sure your hand is not anywhere where its not supposed to be :).

19. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Drive the F12 every day ... hello!?

I have a 2016 911 GTS and know them all well, great cars, solid ... yet Porsche is not as fun and damn costly for what you get as compared to the experience of quality in a Ferrari.

F12 all day long

If you have a few snow days work it out with your wife or get a vintage Bronco or something fun and cool

20. Geneva599

Geneva599 Rookie

Mar 13, 2017
    Geneva
    Full Name:
    FJZ
    You'll not find the qualities of the cayenne in a 991. If you daily it over bumpy roads and park it in the city with the wheels on the curb, you will not like the 991 (any cayenne or Macan, even a mini does the job better); but if your commute is autobahn and some backroads, you'll love it.

21. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia

Beg to differ there re the cost. F12 and tts also 2 different cars delivering different sensations. Also, 991gts simply does not slice and dice like a tts on the city commute. The tts is such a scalpel - a problem solver in every sense of the word.
    My Cayenne S V8D is amazing on a trip but horses for courses. Agree there's no substitute for an SUV in snow etc whereas a tts or F12 becomes pretty well useless in that environment. And quality? No offense but I really think Porsche has the edge there too. Wish it wasn't the case given the extra $ for the F car.

22. islandtrader

islandtrader Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2013
    Forget the TTS and get a FF. I used to have a TTS but found it boring after 6 months. It works very well but not engaging at all. I didn't find the car that comfortable either.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

23. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W

Faced the same w my TTS , very boring, no engagement .... got an FF ... amazing car, amazing DD and very comfy compared to the TTS

24. islandtrader

islandtrader Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2013
    My FF with 458 combo is amazing. Ferrari all the way.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

25. bobhitch

bobhitch Formula Junior

Jun 28, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Had an FF already - traded it for the F12 :0)

I totally agree that the FF makes a fantastic every day car but for me the Ferraris are weekend/leisure cars not DD's.