How Long Must I Wait | FerrariChat

How Long Must I Wait

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Ristretto, Mar 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ristretto

Ristretto Karting

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    Robert
    My new F12 went Status 90 (Shipping) on Feb. 27. I thought by now it would have made it to the port in NJ. But as of today the dealer has no idea where it is. When I ordered my Porsches, they provided the name of the ship and I was able to follow the progress on a marine tracking website. No such service from Ferrari, as far as I know. Can anyone enlighten me as to how long it usually takes from Status 90 to delivery. I live in Colorado, so I expect that it will take about a week once it car is unloaded. The wait it driving me crazy.

2. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    How exciting, just relax and dont worry about things you can control.

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  4. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    That is cool and helpful

5. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    good news you are closer then you were .....could be anywhere from one to four weeks ... would
    be my guess ..and it does seem that their system is agonizingly long........

6. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013

It just turns-up one day.....honestly.....

7. Ristretto

Ristretto Karting

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Very enlightening. Thanks for posting. Based on this time line it should make it into port any day. But, it appears it will be about month before it makes it to the dealer. This car is a gift to myself for my 60th. Looks like I will take delivery closer to my birthday than I first expected. I feel like a little kid knowing that he is getting a new bike, except this one goes from 0-60 in about 3 seconds.

8. ForeverCar

ForeverCar Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2017
  9. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    The wait is definitely killer, I am in the same boat. You almost have to forget about it or go insane - my trip to FL, Bal Harbour didn't help with all those new F-cars running around. I thought they could make my bday (as planned) but it will arrive in May instead of April.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

10. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    My 488 spider is done on the line, but they send no codes or info....guess it just shows up in 2 months estimated. Would think dealer could help.

11. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Ferrari will ship air freight I did that on my F12 and the car really gets expedited received my car close to 2 months early .. In fact it was probably 4 weeks before the dealer got the invoices I paid an estimated price. took the car and then paid the end price a month or so later...
    I thought it really sped things up...
    its actually kind of cool they give you the flight number and day of shipment it seems like about a week later the car was in my garage...

12. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    What did they charge for air freight? Did they fly it to your home town or to NJ

13. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    In Canada it's about a 20,000.00 fee.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

14. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    I might be out of date, but when we were going to air freight our 2014 F12 in,

1) it was $12-14K depending on routing

2) they would fly it to the nearest major cargo importation location (eg. NY, LAX, SFO, et al)

3) in contrast to FNA's import center (FAPS) in Newark, they had to do all the typical port work at the origin, and balance at dealer

True story - our Speciale was actually air freighted, apparently they had contracted the space and needed to fill it, so our car showed up unexpectedly early but coincidentally just in time for it to count as a delivery for the fiscal quarter. Our dealer also offered us discounted air freight once, must have been a one-off situation; they were going to charge us $8K, needed an answer right then and now....but it was December and we were in no hurry