GTC4 Lusso Telemetry App recomendations | FerrariChat

GTC4 Lusso Telemetry App recomendations

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by RKumpis, Mar 28, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RKumpis

RKumpis Rookie

Dec 12, 2015
    I am going to be taking my new GTC4 Lusso out for a private track day with an instructor and wanted to use or install some sort of telemetry. I will be at a track called Calafat near Barcelona.

I found that Ferrari has an app but it is only compatible with the 458 Speciale, F12b, F12tdf and LaFerrari. No mention of the Lusso, which is understandable. Not the ideal track car...but it is the only one I have! :)

There are also other Apps but I do not know which one to trust or if they are any good.

Any and all recommendations are most welcome.

Thanks....

2. eric

eric Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2001
    Albion, CA
  3. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    The quickest app you can get is Harry's Lap Timer. You can download it to your phone.

Unless something has changed; the car has to have the telemetry package and then you can use the app on an ipad to see the telemetry or software on your computer.

4. RKumpis

RKumpis Rookie

Dec 12, 2015
  5. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    yes - all current gen cars have an OBD port, it's literally right under the steering wheel under the dash; it's a bit parallel port.

Your car DOES have a CAN, however I am confused why any typical street car accessory would require or even suggest you access the CAN.

If you were to buy a full-featured data logger/video (eg. am AIM system), those are pretty good standalone (Eg. SmartyCam models). You CAN wire them into the CAN if you want access to all the data channels...candidly to me that's way overkill for a street car.

For your first track day, I'd go with a GoPro and use one of the phone apps....don't focus on laptimes, focus on your driving

enjoy the car

6. RKumpis

RKumpis Rookie

Dec 12, 2015
    You're absolutely right! The focus will be on the driving.... :)
    Thanks!