Full cuoio with Grigio Ferro | FerrariChat

Full cuoio with Grigio Ferro

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by BaronM69, May 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    I'm toying with some Lusso configurations, and while I can find pics of a beautiful 458 spider with Cuoio and Ferro (but black dashboard), I can't find pics of any car in Ferro with Full interior (including top of dashboard) in cuoio.

> Would any one have pics of such configurations in his files?

> What do you guys think of Full Cuoio interiors in general? (full door panels, upper part of cabin, top of dash board...)

2. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    #2 F12KID, May 8, 2017
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
    I have all my cars in such way and did my GTC4L in TB only in fear of the colour getting distorted over time..... Have a look at Beige, not the tradizional; too orange

3. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I personaly love it... it's also a cultural thing. In USA I noticed full complete interior including the dash are not popular, while there are very common in middle east.

I have many pictures in stock but not exactly your request.

here is the closest I found yet, on a silverstone F12

Alain Class Motors Offcial Website | Ferrari F12 Berlinetta

You can scroll down for more pictures

Full cuoio is marvellous IMO

http://dong6zn0n1x16.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/7-F12-GREY-.jpg

4. pelank

pelank Rookie

Dec 5, 2015
    Monaco
    #4 pelank, May 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have my FF in Grigio Ferro and full Cuoio.
    Here are some low quality photos, if the sun shines tomorrow will take some photos.
    I think the colours go well together, the only downside is that if you also do the top of dashboard you will get some reflection in the windscreen which can be distracting - I personally don't care and I have done more than 20,000km in it.
    The only way around that is to do the top of dash in dark colour
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I have my 612 OTO car in Gerigo Ferro metallic and full leather interior in Iroko - dark brown including the dashboard (have not has a glare problem), with carbon fiber trim and Gerigo Sucoro (grey) carpet. I really love the combination even though I did not order it. I am second owner.

6. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    Stunning FF!

7. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    #7 F12KID, May 8, 2017
    Amazing, as I typed my 1st post on this thread, I told myself, "no doubt it won't be too long before the happy (election results) French man will have the pics!! Lol

8. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Ahahah the frenchman is Fchat addicted ahah

@Pelank, Great FF, but probably the worst pictures ever posted on Fchat ahaha... Anyway thanks for your contribution

9. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Does the dash create distracting reflections?

10. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    I had a couio dash in one of my 360's, ordered a identical car with a blue dash to match tdf the exterior and sold the first car. Hated the reflection on the windshield and never ordered a light color upper dash again.

11. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    #11 BaronM69, May 8, 2017
    Thanks all for the pics, info and feedback: that FF is gorgeous :)

I feel now excited about Ferro with Full Cuoio, looking great with full CF trims, in contrast.

Tortoa/black works pretty well with Ferro IMO.

I really need to check on the top of the dashboard reflection. Talked to an owner of 458 with such color choice, and he said there was no reflection and that he will order the same interior on his 488.

The white sticking on my black dashboard does reflect, but not to the point I am bothered with.
    Earlier BMW with very clear top of dashboard did reflect.

12. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    Could there be non glare translucent film to apply on the inside of windshield, to eliminate the reflection?

13. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    #13 F12KID, May 9, 2017
    Last edited: May 9, 2017
    I had my 360 spider exceptionally done with beige everywhere including dashboard ...yes, time to time, there was that annoying bit of glare, but so beautiful, I could have cared less

[​IMG]

14. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    That's beautiful indeed, do you have any links to more pictures?

As for Ferro + Cuoio, what can be said, its perfect, classic, charming... No doubt you'll get some glare from a non-black or very dark dash, maybe you can live with it or not, but that is something I would carefully look at.

15. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    Here you go, FYI leather was Connolly good ole days - lol

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Thanks a lot but I was expecting to see the full car, not only the interior :)

17. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013

Lol, thought you were after interior only ...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    #18 MDEL, May 9, 2017
    I had a California with full cuoio interior (picture 1 and 2) and like it but, after a while, it got a little bit monotonous because there wasn't any color contrast except for the silver console and infotainment . My present car (Pictures 3,4,5) has an Iroko interior and a dashboard, steering wheel and console in black which I think aesthetically has a better result because of the contrast between color which breaks monotony.

I like very much the cuoio leather color but despite of the fact that Iroko sometimes doesn't look so good in pictures, you might consider it as well and I can assure you that alive it's really beautiful and makes a very classy and sober interior.

19. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    :D so beautiful, thank you.

20. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013

I found Terra B to have a better hue over the Iroko as it's very slightly lighter --- purely personal taste/opinion

21. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #21 4th_gear, May 9, 2017
    Mario, I love the interiors in your Fcars but the monotone issue with the full cuoio interior of your Cali is due to it not having a contrast stitching (and Cavallino).

I nearly made the same mistake when I ordered my car but the sales manager intervened and suggested the white stitching saying that I would like it. I followed his advice because I knew he meant well and I am so glad I did. The contrast stitching prevents the interior from looking like fake leather.

As for glare off the upper dash, you can see there is no glare off the upper dash in the photo taken in bright sunlight. Reflection in the windshield have more to do with the texture of the upper dash and any colour including black will reflect just as much, as can been seen on your F12's black dash upper.

22. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    I'm sorry but that is misleading IMO. In my experience black does reflect much less than any other colour. The brighter the colour, the more reflection you get. And yes, the texture makes a difference but it's independent from colour. If, say, a grainy texture reflects more, you'll again get more reflection from a tan grainy dash than from a black grainy dash.

Earlier today I might have referred to glare when I wanted to address windshield reflection. Sorry about language issues.

23. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    Gents, I've had from beige, cioccolato, to black etc....1000% the car with beige dash simply blinded you at times and that is fact not opinion.
    Yes, the reflection is not from the actual dash but that it reflects back into the windscreen, then onto your eyes.....

24. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    That is a very nice spec: bleu tdf + full beige + racing seats + Stick.
    > Been a long time you know your Ferraris ;)

25. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    Does Iroko come at a premium?