Help my retrofit my new jet black FF | FerrariChat

Help my retrofit my new jet black FF

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Actualizer, Jun 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Guys ! Its surreal feeling but it is true, I have been a 991 TTS owner . It's my DD and it took my just one drive to buy the FF. I will not forget the revs and the sound when it takes to me under a small tunnel of the Brisbane Inner city bypass bridge. That's when everything changed, I bought it and awaiting delivery , bit surreal. Now I really need you guys to help me with essential retrofits all OEM and the essential ones .
    My car is unfortunately jet black as my 991 is a Basalt black .ff has a black interior with white stitching. It's a 2013 with 5000 Kim's. Even my daughters commented on the Black Black combo so it was a compromise.
    So I need help with suggestions of what can I tweak , perhaps subtle, understated cosmetics , interior or exterior body aesthetics to enhance this cars looks and break the slight monotony it is creating by being black black as we be been driving my Porsche every day for 3 years.
    I am considering interior panels in alcantara to add texture, Novitec body kit and exhaust but that sounds expensive and yet beautiful but expensive . Can I somehow get privacy glass for it ? Any essential retrofits not to be missed ?
    I'm open to all suggestions so help me celebrate
    Cheers
    Ash

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Since no one has shown stimulation might as well update :
    1. Ordered for retrofit Front camera
    2. Ordered for retrofit Privacy Glass
    3. Ordered for retrofit 2 DIN stereo box . Am told it will have CarPlay.
    4.await enquirer from Ferrar re. audio system upgrade as per Ferrari genuine parts package.
    5. Awaiting confirmation for retrofit of Passeneger car Display which is my fav yet useless item.
    6. Considering changing to Lusso wheels in mat grey on my DAYTONA NERO.'
    7. WAS COMSIDERING capristo but thinking of the whole Novitec package only is Novitec cf roof can be installed as well. HoweVer , told that Novitec will change profile of the car from stock. So not sure no a bit apprehensive . What does that mean.
    Guys this is my first jump to Ferrari 40 das away fro a my 50th. Help me celebrate have been a 991 TTS man till now �� What extra would you add if you had to do it again ?
    Cheers

3. Georgemaser

Georgemaser Karting

Aug 7, 2014
    Michigan
    Congratulations, I have had mine a year I love it. I did try and retrofit a front camera into mine with no lock after almost 2 months At the Ferrari dealership. Were you able to get yours done? If so where at and what system did you use?

4. migg48

migg48 Karting

Jul 7, 2006
    What you've done sounds great.

My very limited experience with Capristo exhausts makes me think not getting one is also a good idea. They sound great, but are awfully loud both inside and outside of the car. Maybe not true on the FF; I have no experience there.

5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    you have to go with an aftermarket radio to accomplish this.
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ff-gtc4lusso-f12-812s/537209-ff-radio-change.html

6. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    There's not a lot you can do IMO, it is what it is more or less.

Maybe clean up the paint and wrap it
    Spacers 12mm front, 16mm rear
    Drop the car 14mm on the stock springs.
    Tint all the windows.
    Get some of the new Michelins if you have them in your area.
    Capristo X pipe and cans is nice, not too loud, and much better. Novitec if you're feeling spendy.

Enjoy it :)

7. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Guys thx.
    Sorry for delayed response. My car was with Detailers and some family sickness.
    Brian could you give the details on the Michelins please ? Why . What gains ? I'm definitely feeling the ride bit too bumpy on sports mode. Plus that wheel profile needs to be slightly enhanced ? What tyre pressures are best for dd ?
    Front camera still awaited . No eta !
    Ferrari still not confirming if the Audio system Upgrade ( as per Ferrari website ) can be done with Apple CarPlay compatibility for IP7
    Got the car detailed and Xpel wrapped in the front half. Pics coming soon. The Detailer's had the car for two weeks.
    Looking for better Ferrari wheels . The stock appear very outdated.
    Could someone please tell me how dark the OEM privacy glass is for the Ff?. Ferrari would not retrofit it as doesn't meet Australian tint regulations. When I saw the google pics it does look like a very very dark tint almost blacked out. Is that for real ? How come it passes other other countries tint regulations I wonder ? Worth it as I can get it from overseas.
    Lastly this sound system just sucks ! No complaints though as getting the buzz from the Sport mode sound.
    I have been driving my 991 TTs as dd ....I haven't sat in it since my FF. oh my god! What a sound have I been missing ! Two different souls !

8. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Vamsi Komanapalli likes this.
  9. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Wondering about how dark the oem privacy tint is as well...

10. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    On my F12 Id say its pretty dark. My guess is blocking 75% allowing 25% (I forget how the ratings work). On a bright day I can see inside the car but it significantly darkened. Inside a garage it looks black. I was not certain about it, talked into it by a friend who said the rear window lets in a lot of light and it will get hot inside and since my car is a dark color already, I figured it works. And its not so dark that I cant see outside- even at night. And a plus at night is it helps dim other cars headlights. I would probably do it again but I would stop to think about it. One nice thing on the F12 is the non privacy glass rear side windows have a very large black area around them- the privacy glass covers this as well so the window actually looks larger.

11. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

I called Ferrari Australia today and here's there response : no reason given

Good morning Ashar,

Unfortunately there isn't any retrofitting options available for your FF for privacy glass.

Regards
    --
    Mick Smith
    Ferrari Parts Advisor
    Ferrari Brisbane
    Corner of Breakfast Creek Road and Waterloo Street
    Newstead, Queensland 4006
    Entrance via Cunningham Street
    Tel: +61 (7) 3853 0085
    Fax: +61 (7) 3252 4823
    Email: [email protected]
    !