FF recommended for daily drive?? | FerrariChat

FF recommended for daily drive??

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by chrispor, Jun 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chrispor

chrispor Rookie

Jun 15, 2017
    Hi guys, im thinking about getting a FF which i will be using DAILY in Dubai where i'll probably do round 8 to 10 000 KLM / year.

Would you recommend a FF for this or something else like perhaps a California? Or not a Ferrari at all?

I've looked at a few models from 2012- 2013 with around 20 000 to 25 000 klm and i have some concerns regarding maintenance etc should i be worried, it is a lot for Ferrari or not at all? THANKS!!!

2. RickLederman

RickLederman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2007
    Swanton Ohio
    Full Name:
    Rick Lederman
    I'm on my second FF and third California (a T now) and have been driving both as my only daily drivers. The first Cali was a 2010 which I put around 30,000 miles on in 1.5 years driving in northern Ohio all year, rain, snow, whatever. I got my first FF in 2012 as I remember, now have a '14 which has 18,000+ miles and my '16 Cali T has 18,000+ miles. If it is a warm (not hot) day I drive the Cali with the top down. If it gets hot in the afternoon then the top goes up. Can't put the top down on the FF so it gets driven more in the cold and very hot days. I put Sottozero tires on both cars for snow & ice in the winter. Both cars are perfect on snow or ice but Sottozero's are a must.

If I could only have one, which would I pick ... that is VERY hard! The FF is more roomy, comfortable, and has that incredible V12 sound! The Cali T sound is quite good, way better than any non-Ferrari just not a V12. The Cali gets more looks which my big fat ego likes but the FF is beautiful as well, in its own way.

Neither is a maintenance hog although I've had less California issues than FF issues. Both love to be driven every day! I have room for my model airplanes in the FF, not the Cali so if I had to drop back to one it would be the FF, but a darned difficult decision that fortunately I don't need to make today :D

3. chrispor

chrispor Rookie

Jun 15, 2017
    Hi Rick!

Thanks for your reply much appreciated

Great advices which i will of course consider.. After checking a few websites in Dubai i saw that i could get an FF from 2012-2013 with around 16 000/18 000 miles for more or less 120 K USD which seems to be good deals compared to the prices in other countries?

I first thought that those miles on a Ferrari were just too much, most people i know who drive some do not drive them daily and dont put a lot of miles on them. Last thing i want is get a car which turns out to have issues and end up with large bills to cover...

Thanks again!

4. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

#4 Actualizer, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Mate I just spent AU$342K on a 2012 FF with 5800 Kim's.

That means I could buy three of those Dubai FFs.
    Enjoy while they last .'my other dd is a 991 TTS. This one is a game changer . Only if you like big heavy toys
    Best of luck
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    FF is perfect as a DD.
    Don't hesitate.

Marcel Massini

6. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Your 2012 FF was more trouble than the new one? Or both the same? I'm at 11,000 miles no issues.

7. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    I live in Dubai and I have a 2015 FF which I use as a daily driver in Dubai and between Dubai and Abudhabi ... it's just amazing ... no maintenance issues... very comfy .... and very Ferrari ..... good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk