Have an FF drove the GTC4 lusso - WOW! | FerrariChat

Have an FF drove the GTC4 lusso - WOW!

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Georgemaser, Jun 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Georgemaser

Georgemaser Karting

Aug 7, 2014
    Michigan
    I went to my nearest Ferrari dealer yesterday to look at an F12. I have a 2016 FF, have come to love it (after a rocky start with Ferrari, now get why people put up with the Ferrari BS), but thought maybe I wanted something just a little more sporty. I drove a 2015 F12 with 4000 miles on it. It seemed that the car wasn't as tight as it should be. When I discussed this with the salesman he agreed and put me in a new leftover one they had. It was much better but I still was on the fence about trading my FF and getting into a F12. He said if you like the FF so much that I needed to test drive the GTC4 Lusso that they have. OMG! I was blown away! The car wasn't any quieter or softer then my FF, in fact, it seemed louder in sports mode and the exhaust blips/gurgle were much better then the FF, more equal to the F12. The drive with the 4 wheel steering was phenomenal. It felt even tighter around corners then the FF or for that matter the F12 (in my brief drive with it). I am now thinking I am going to order a GTC4 Lusso, if I can get any kind of money for my FF on the trade. Any thoughts on my experience with the F12? Did I miss something?

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  2. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    Don't read too much into the negative posts about the Lusso from FF owners here. It is very clear the Lusso is a better car, a normal evolution of the FF...

MalibuGuy likes this.
  3. ForeverCar

ForeverCar Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2017
    I have put about 5000 miles on my 2017 F12. I just got the chance to experience the GTC4 Lusso. IMO, Ferrari is amazing at tuning these cars! The F12 revs higher, is more powerful, has the race mode for extra performance and drama. While I drive my F12 every day, I'd say the Lusso is more refined. The suspension and transmission make driving around in traffic very pleasant. The engine, of course, is amazing. Since it's tuned differently, the Lusso feels a little less high strung. If the extra seats and utility are important, I can't imagine anyone being unhappy with the Lusso.

MB224 likes this.
  4. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    After a full year with my FF, I sold it and my GTC4Lusso in 30 days away. What did it? Blasting around Livigno, Italy in a Lusso for 2 days in the Ferrari Corsa Pilots on Ice. Nothing wrong with the FF, just that the Lusso is better. No.. amazing.

5. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Wow! I love to read real world opinions. Thanks for that and good luck with getting that new GTC4!

MB224 likes this.
  6. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I sold our FF after diving the Lusso knowing I wanted a Cali and Lusso in my garage. The journey is half way there. Can't wait to finalize our spec. We just got our CaliforniaTHS and I am absolutely blown away by this car. Lusso will make the perfect garage mate.

Glad you enjoyed your drive, I say go for it! The options list is insane.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    an f12 not being tight? that doesnt make sense. I spent a cple hours in a lusso - was way quieter and softer than the FF. Faster and more agile for sure.

8. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    I really enjoy my Lusso as much as any other Ferrari I've owned. It's different than the ultra high performance TDF or 458 Aperta, but in a good way, because it's my daily driver. I look forward to driving it everyday as its both completely practical and sporty. I used to curse if caught in the rain in my other Fcars, but with the 4 wheel drive I actually enjoy it. If you are on the fence, I highly recommend this supercar. It's the perfect gentleman's (or Lady's) GT car that's ultra luxurious and yet a beast when you want it to be. Ferrari has done an amazing job creating a refined high performance uncompromising GT that you can truly enjoy everyday, BRAVO FERRARI!

9. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    +1

10. ForeverCar

ForeverCar Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2017
    I experienced an unexpected stop and go traffic for almost 2 hours today in the GTC4 Lusso. I have to say, I can't think of a better car to be in! No complaints whatsoever. The Lusso is an amazing practical GT.

MB224 likes this.
  11. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    #11 Twosherpaz, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    I feel the Lusso is more GT than the FF. I put probably 6,000 miles on the FF and about 1,000 thus far on the Lusso. My preference is a car that is more sporty, but I am not denigrating the Lusso, as it does what Ferrari wanted the car to do. It still has pop, it is just more refined than was the FF.

Put it this way, when I want a tame ride, I'll take the Lusso. It's not the car I take for an exhilarating experience. It seems to me I grabbed the keys for the FF more often as it did still provide that spark that is now masked more in the Lusso.

The OP mentioned looseness in the F12. It's a lighter car than the four seaters, so that might feel like a more loose car. It has a more aggressive throttle, more horsepower, and is generally a much larger handful to drive, so that too might feel "more loose." My experience in the F12 TdF has me questioning if it isn't the greatest car ever made, so your concern about the base F12 not being a good car versus a Lusso would seem to me to be nothing to fret over. It sounds like you prefer a stable cruiser with some pop. The Lusso is perfect for that. The updates in the cabin further accentuate those attributes.

12. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    right. loose and twitchy are 2 very different things. SUVs are loose. Race cars are twitchy.

MB224 likes this.
  13. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I guess it all comes down to the words we want to use to hang ideas upon.

Question for the guys (or gals) driving the GTC4 frequently/ daily: How is the fuel mileage/ range? That was one of the gripes from many FF owners. I wonder if its even slightly improved on the GTC4?

14. Sims123

Sims123 Karting

Sep 25, 2016
    Svizzera
    15 l / 100 km in average - usual DD mode is in auto

MB224 and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  15. AaronW

AaronW Rookie

Jun 14, 2016
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Just traded my F12 for a GTC Lusso and must say I am loving it in every way my daily drive is an Audi A8 and this feels like I'm driving the Audi till I hit the accelerator and feel the power and hear the exhaust notes.

The engine notes are a little less pronounced that my F12 but all in all a great ride.

Only bad part my wife refers to it as a very expensive Subaru LOL

MB224 and Suffyk like this.
  16. AaronW

AaronW Rookie

Jun 14, 2016
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Can anyone tell me how to stop the screen from displaying the front sensor display when i stop with anything in front, I find it very annoying that I loose whatever the display had been showing

The only fix I have found so far is to push the sensor display button and it goes back to the screen.

thanks great car lousy owners manual

17. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    It's quieter UNTIL you step on it, then it sounds like the Capristo, deep scream that is not muted like the FF at high rpm. Tighter corners from the rear steer, yes. Not predictable at first. Definitely softer, you missed that one.

Agree on all except faster. My Lusso day was sluggish, maybe from test drivers. XPipe and Capristo maybe helping my FF low end torque as well as my driving the FF hard always.

It's like an Audi ... comfortable, quiet, full of buttons and boring, unless you push it. Yes.

18. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Thanks- that's actually quite good! I work it out to 15.8 MPG. My daily right now is a BMW 750 and Id say Im doing about 18 MPG on average- both city and highway driving. On the highway I can sometimes see ~24. 15.8 is actually impressive for a big V12.

I am having fantasies of changing my daily car now... oh boy.....

19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Do it. When are we going shopping?? I can't wait!

20. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    LOL!!! Its always more fun when its not you writing the cheque! :)

21. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Exactly!! I'll be ready when you are.

22. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Twosherpaz you have nailed my sentiments. This is my first week with my 2012 FF and I went for it after testing the Lusso exactly as you formulated ......plus I like the FF rear lights better than the GT4s....plus I saved a bucket full of money.
    I felt more "Ferrari" soul with FF compared to my other DD 991 TTS vs the rather more refined Lusso .

23. mpdugas

mpdugas Rookie

Oct 22, 2016
    Houston, Texas
    The FF is the last of the analog Ferrari GTs; the Lusso is the first of the digital ones.

ScottS likes this.
  24. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    How is the ff analog??? It has all the computers in the world lol

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

otakki and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  25. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

U are one of the few to think that: I was super disappointed by the lusso vs the FF; didn’t sound as good, didn’t sound as great and I tested a 400k version one... not sure what happened with urs but definitely not the majority have that same positive experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

otakki, Il Co-Pilota and LeoBRK like this.