Ferrari 812 Superfast - Reviews | FerrariChat

Ferrari 812 Superfast - Reviews

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by TopspeedPT, Jun 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TopspeedPT

TopspeedPT Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2012
    Portugal
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_muX-lFeHQ[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt5Pamh1ABQ[/ame]

2. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

3. Data

Data Karting

Dec 11, 2007
    Thought it looked better in action (Autocar video) than on pictures. There might be hope afterall.

4. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I agree, it looks better in action.

5. nice.braces

nice.braces Karting

Aug 22, 2015
    U.S.A.
    After seeing these reviews, am I the only one who is not a big fan of the new steering wheel?

6. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
  7. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I don't like the steering wheel either, which seems a very minor gripe when discussing a near 800 bhp Ferrari!

8. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    "Much much easier to drive than the F12."

What is so hard about driving the F12?
    Mine is easy to drive...

9. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    "Much much easier to drive than the F12."

What a joke. If anybody has a problem with driving an F12 he should go back to the driving school.
    My F12 is super easy to drive, it can even be driven with two fingers.

Marcel Massini

10. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Marcel I agree with you, if there is something sublime and "easy" about the F12b is the steering.

11. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Paraphrasing Mario Andretti, that´s because you´re not driving fast enough!

12. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    With very few exceptions these "journalists" are such a joke. In an effort to not be shut out by the super-car makers, and thus watch their fun and livelihood shrivel to nothing, they find new and creative ways to kiss ass and endlessly praise whatever new product is being pushed.
    They are part of the marketing team, bought completely, hook line and sinker...

Chris Harris at least brings some fresh insight, and seems to apply more critical thinking.
    Jethro Bovington (spelling on last name?) also is unafraid of giving his thoughts.

13. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I know you're being funny...but the truth is at speeds up to and including "going to jail" the F12 is an absolute dream to drive and control. Maybe at 9.5/10ths on a track it isn't, I don't know, but Chris Harris had no problem with an F12 on track in his awesome video.

In second video posted above (Autocar)...just a "journo" stretching for ass-kissing opportunities...

14. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Distortion zone alert:
    Ferrari cannot be trusted when they publish info about a new car. Neither can auto reviewers or auto mags.

Beware and trust no one.

Trust me. I know I'm right.

15. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
  16. TopspeedPT

TopspeedPT Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2012
    Portugal
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qVeoFV3-R0[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFcnKKaA-70[/ame]

17. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Each to their own, but I found my F12 steering twitchy and too light. Also the car felt "big". That said I ran it alongside and after a 675LT which remains the finest car I have driven with amazing feedback. I loved my F12 but steering was a weak point, drivetrain and interior the high points.

18. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Lots of predictable incumbency bias here and its always sas when your old favourite is superseded. Unless there is a change in format eg 488 and no N/A my experience is that Ferrari gets it right. Think 550/575 (less so), 599, F12 and 812. Are we really saying they were not big leaps.

My 575 manual is lovely and charming but a tractor compared to the new stuff.

19. 575joe

575joe Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2006
  20. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I've never driven the McLaren so I can't express an opinion about the steering but I fully understand and accept your personal preference. Personally I find the F12 steering very direct and that's something I really like and I also appreciate the economy of movement and the speed of reaction it affords. I find it light but not too light and the great precision continuous impressing me every time I drive the car specially in mountaineous roads.

21. Maggio23

Maggio23 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2013
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzyr1-hfuwo[/ame]

22. Monsieur Yoge

Monsieur Yoge Karting

May 20, 2016
    Shmee isn't a car enthusiast, he's a promoter promoting himself to car companies... He always only has good things to say about every car he drives, which I can understand to a certain extent if the car is great but have you ever heard him critique any car he's reviewed? No car is perfect...
    Like all prospective owners of the 812, I agree that all reviewers will keep licking Ferrari's boots and say it's a great car, newer is better etc.
    Personally, I'd suggest to wait until you test one yourself, it's at most months away.
    The 812 has made the F12 look so much more elegant... not at all a fan of the Jaguar/Corvette front but I love the quad taillights...

23. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Certainly I found if I drove it exclusively for a while I got used to it, personal preference is for a touch more feedback but I am not an especially great driver and found it a touch unnerving.