couple of questions on GTC4 options | FerrariChat

couple of questions on GTC4 options

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by 350MH83, Jun 22, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    Hi All,

I am currently reviewing the options for my future GTC4 order, and I have a couple of questions:

- If you get the Daytona seats, can they be full electric ventilated as well or one cancels the other?
    - What exactly is the iPad mini option? You then need to get your own iPad mini? Where does it sit and does anybody have pictures of it?
    - I want my kids in the back to have screens in the front seat headrests. With my current car we put some iPads onto the head rest legs, but on the Lusso this is not possible by design. Any solutions any of you guys have found? Is that the iPad mini option?
    - If you take the set of suitcases, and the Daytona seats, are the suitcases the same patern than the Daytona seats, or they stay with the say patern than the standard seats and just the color matches?

Sorry if some questions look dumb, this is my first F car!

2. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    Congrats on the car

1) last time i checked, you cannot get ventilated seats with the Daytona inserts. The ventilation requires the perforated leather, and that doesn't work with the nature of the Daytona inserts. So, one or the other

2) Ferrari used to offer a crappy, overprice rear seat headrest DVD player option. They replaced it with a holder for an iPad mini, since a tablet is more versatile, can be replaced if broken, and can be removed (you want old DVD screens in your headrests 10 years from now?). The Mini holder is essentially a matching upholstered case that hangs on the seat and, IIRC, has a power port.

3) unless the policy changed, you can order several "styles" of luggage, though seems most who have Daytona seats get the Daytona pattern. On our last car, we were offered 2 styles (TDF) and could customize ($$) them. We actually opted out as we have plenty of luggage and this stuff is too nice and too fragile to use for much. YMMV

3. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    FF had fully ventilated daytona seat option.

4. RomanD'

RomanD' Karting

Nov 5, 2012
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Roman
    -Not sure about Daytona seats but I have specced diamond pattern and ventilation for my GTC4Lusso and it was approved. Will see whether I got my ventilated seats next week when I take a delivery. I am pretty positive about Daytona seats can also be ventilated since I have ventilated Daytona seats on my FF.

Roman

5. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Not sure why they would want to get rid of ventilated daytona seats.

I used to dislike any non-integrated screens in a car. The preference still holds true for me for the front especially after seeing so many cars nowadays with the front screen sticking out of the dash like a tablet. However, my preference has changed for the rear passenger screens. I would also agree that tablet holders for the rear being more versatile. Indeed, tablets inside holders are easily updated and changed if needed.