DSC module from TPC racing | FerrariChat

DSC module from TPC racing

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Brian L, Aug 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    They're working on their plug and play module for the 458/F12/FF/Cali cars that should be really amazing. If you're unaware, the technology uses the existing sensors in the car to make real time adjustments to the 4 corners as you drive. Plus it's programmable with your laptop.

Trying it out in the 911 GTS Cab tomorrow and will report. Am on the list for the Ferrari beta unit. $1290 of upgrade, should be well beyond worth that. Especially the 458 is tough to keep on the ground, which is to be fair part of the fun. Yet I think this might be a big deal or all modern Fcars and the idea of personally fine tuning it I am excited about.

We shall see ...

2. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    The one word review of the TPC Racing DSC module is ... WHOA ! The 911 Cab feels like a coupe tuned to race, even on the stock Bilsteins ... and that's with no tweaks to the programming or chassis. Just the DSC brain plug and play.

Are they using tech like this in the 812? Something programmable?

Drove top down for 150 miles today: bad LA city roads, highways smooth and rough, canyon roads smooth and rough. Rreally pushing it hard, never a doubt, not tiring, come home refreshed like I had driven a ... Ferrari.

Once they have this tech ready for 458s? The F12? The FF? The Cali T and T HS?? Mind blower. A huge percentage of people on this board will buy it. It's so much for so little, wow.

The 911 Cab was calmly attached to the tarmac in the way I always thought it should be. The stock PASM is too soft or too hard, this is intelligent and dynamic. Feels stuck rear wheel steering, but is not. Car bends with the road. Feels like a HUGE suspension upgrade 150% better, 200% better Huge. I might just keep this car and skip the Cali T or T HS, wait for the DSC and the new 2+2. 3.8 NA is a blast to drive, seats are good, top goes up and down at speed, heated and AC seats. What's not to like. Negatives: The Comfort mode is a too loose for me, will eventually make a slight change to the stock Sport setting for Comfort.

If this is of interest to you (and it really should be) maybe want to call them or email and speed up their process. They have a 458 Speciale and are working from that, then will adjust for other Fcars once it's all working. They are on the track every week, so they know. F12 and FF will be more attached than you can imagine too. There is no reason why the upgrade would not be obvious. I would expect a 50% to 75% sense of up upgrade in any Ferrari.