question about F12 tire track width | FerrariChat

question about F12 tire track width

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by DaveMc, Aug 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DaveMc

DaveMc Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Hi. I am looking to buy a single post car lift and need to know the width of the F12, (as measured from the outside tire edge to the other outside tire edge). so I can buy the proper sized lift in terms of width and drive-on ramps.

Specs say that the F12 "track width" is approx. 66 inches for the front tires and 64 for the rear. But that is to the middle of the tires. Can someone please tell me the number I am looking for? And does the F12 really have a wider track width in the front axle? Thanks for any help.

2. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    What about using the overall width of the car? It's sometimes confusing because some car makers use the distance of outer edge of exterior mirrors as the width; that really makes no sense to me at all. Most performance-oriented cars have the front track width wider than the rear. In fact, I think all cars I have ever owned are that way. IIRC, wider front track width are better in terms of performance.