Favourite Suit | FerrariChat

Favourite Suit

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by kentra, May 1, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kentra

kentra Rookie

Dec 18, 2007
    Hey everyone,

I am going to Milan soon on a bit of shopping spree and was just wondering what people's favourite suits are?

I currently wear mostly Ermenegildo Zegna suits but would like to know what others think.

Thanks

2. intouch1

intouch1 Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2006
    Egypt

Zegna certainly make fine suits. I think for everyday suits, they present a very good value. You should also consider Zegna Su Misura....not more expensive and custom fitted.

If in Milan, make sure to check out Kiton. One of the best suit manufacturers in my opinion. They do custom fitted and custom tailored.

Turnaround time for Zegna Su Misura and Kiton custom fitted is usually 3 weeks.

Tailored suits are a far more complicated issue as they require several fittings. Not really worth it IMO as above mentioned suits offer impecable quality and a myriad of fabrics to choose from.

3. kentra

kentra Rookie

Dec 18, 2007
    Thanks intouch1,

I do have a couple of tailor made Zenga suits but as I am pretty much exactly the 'fit model' size, tailoring adds no benefit for me unless I want a specific fabric\style.

As I like the more streamline, classic colours, that rarely means I have a need to do so.

4. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    I bought my first Ermenegildo Zenga item - a sport jacket the other day. I will receive it in the next week or so. I'm excited about that. Wonder if it will be much better than Brooks Brothers once I get to wear it. You might want to check out Brioni when you're there. They are comparable to Kiton. Enjoy your trip.

5. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005

Kiton

6. intouch1

intouch1 Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2006
    Egypt

Brioni is too much Python Slippers if you ask me. Similar to that Bijan guy of Beverly Hills.

Kiton is timeless simple italian elegance.

7. roro

roro Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ro
    I have a few Hugo Boss suits...one of the best out there IMHO.

8. Houston348

Houston348 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2006
    Hickey Freeman all the way :)

9. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
  10. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Damn, you beat me to it.

11. kentra

kentra Rookie

Dec 18, 2007
    Thanks everyone, that's been great.

I have owned a couple of Hugo's and I do like them, they just don't seem to have the "simple elegance" that a zegna suit has IMHO (or maybe I am just getting old and can't handle to much stimulation). Having said that, I will definately look at all my options when in Milan, I just need to find thier addresses as I am only there for a week (purely for shopping) but as my wife will also be joining me, time will be of critical importance.

Thanks again

12. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    +1 Hickeys are my favorite. Euro suits fit too tight and are uncomfortable. Hickey suits are always roomy and look great but are not that expensive compared to the others.

13. kentra

kentra Rookie

Dec 18, 2007
    I actually like the fitted feel of european suits and would never wear a "roomy" suit. I am not trying to insult anyone here but maybe I am lucky in that my body shape is well suited (haha get it) to a more fitted shape.

14. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I've always been partial to Missioni, a bit pricy, but they last for ever and always look in style. Otherwise I've been moving more to English - Turnbull, and Hunter & Lord... Charvet is good, but the French styles are a bit much for US business.

15. sexybeast

sexybeast Karting

Apr 7, 2008
    hugo boss, Barney's of new york

16. icanfly012

icanfly012 Karting

Nov 29, 2006
    Hugo Boss suits are good for the money (they are almost always on sale). Try going for a made-to-measure suit while you are in Europe.

17. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Not Korea? :D ;)

But seriously, I've heard the tailors are great and cheap there. I read an article recently on Thai or Malay tailors getting some world class business too.

18. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    my favorite suit is Hearts.

19. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

I was wearing my black Sparco suit today. It's probably a fashion faux pas, but I'm wearing it tomorrow as well.

20. icanfly012

icanfly012 Karting

Nov 29, 2006
    Korea is too expensive for the quality these days. They will usually just measure you then import from China.

21. ALUMINUMYELLOW328

ALUMINUMYELLOW328 Formula Junior

May 30, 2004
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Rhett R Arcilla
    ARMANI and LUBIAM

22. JLP

JLP Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2006
    Bay Area, Ca
    Another Kiton vote here.

23. kara

kara Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2007
    Ukraine in dreams/CA
    Full Name:
    Kara, Karalina
    #24 kara, May 24, 2008
    Last edited: May 24, 2008

I don't know if you have a price range, but Valentino has great suits. I think the store with the menswear is on Via Montenapoleone. Also check out Gucci & Armani. Then again, I don't check out the menswear often but I love the womens fashions from those designers. I would have suggested Chanel as well. Their mens ready-to-wear is actually really really nice but you pay a pretty penny for it! Not to mention the only store that carries it is Paris!

24. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Armani was the first 'real' suit I ever bought... but I am quite happy with every Zegna I've bought since!