I think I got the perfect sunglasses for driving a Ferrari. | FerrariChat

I think I got the perfect sunglasses for driving a Ferrari.

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by Todd308TR, Dec 5, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    #1 Todd308TR, Dec 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Ferraristore now makes sunglasses designed and named after my beloved F355...must mean the F355 is turning into a real "classic". These are supposed to be truly manufactured in Italy, as well.

Ferrari 355 GTS Sunglasses in Perforated Black leather - Ferrari Store

Note the perforations in the leather that mimic the perforations in the F355 steering wheel.

3. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #3 Kevin Rev'n, Dec 6, 2013
    I like those. I have a couple of Ferrari hats that I like to wear when I drive with the windows down and some of them interfere with my glasses. These look nice and rounded on the upper corners which would work but I would have to get over the aviator type shape. I was never a fan of this shape.

I wear these normally in my car. Perfect amount of tint for a coupe and very comfortable.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    Pretty but I hear maintenance is a killer. Need to drop the lenses for everything you do :)

5. Fcar_101

Fcar_101 Rookie

Nov 20, 2008
    Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

6. Dunlopilo

Dunlopilo Rookie

Jan 14, 2014
    Hello everyone. I bought a pair of FR 0070 in London a couple of years ago, at the Ferrari store. The best sunglasses i ever have had. However, one of the nose pads fell and I am having a hell of a time finding a spare part, either the pad(s) or the bridge supporting them.

I have visited a couple of Ferrari stores (Aventura in Florida and Las Vegas) but they do not have parts and don't seem to have an answer. As for the online support, let's not even go there. They don't care and the girl answering (shannon) tells me I have to contact the store where I bought the glasses because they (Ferrari customer service USA) have no responsibility for these sunglasses (!). Happens to be the store in question no longer exists, and she doesn't even seem to know (or doesn't care to). After some research, it seems Marcolin did those glasses, and I have contacted them but they inform me they don't have any spare parts left from the Ferrari line (where have they all gone?).

The several opticians I have gone to tell me they cannot help me because the glasses are too specific...

In short, no parts at the original maker, too specific for regular opticians, and Ferrari USA doesn't give a toss, and doesn't help or want to share info for a simple problem. Complete let down, but does anyone here have a suggestion? I live in the southeast us but am more than willing to buy the part wherever and fix the problem myself.

Thanks for any info you might have to help me.

7. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #7 shmark, Jan 17, 2014
    Serengeti Firenze, best driving sunglasses ever made. Perfect glass lenses, driver-oriented polarization, ideal tint, and slim temples that don't block peripheral vision. Once you drive with them you won't want anything else. A little heavier than something like Maui Jim, but so much better.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login