Got my RALF TECH WRV Hybrid today. | FerrariChat

Got my RALF TECH WRV Hybrid today.

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by WilyB, Jan 18, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    #1 WilyB, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I just received the RALF TECH watch I ordered last week. It is a WRV Hybrid, with a very very low serial number out of 300.

It is the second case model from RALF TECH, with a more reasonable diameter – 43.9 mm than the first one, the WRX, at a hefty 47.5 mm (both w/o crown). Lugs are at 26 mm. The WRV comes with a black NATO canvas and leather strap and a hypoallergenic silicone which is remarkably smooth and good looking.

The case is very nicely finished in brushed surgical stainless steel 316L. There is a 3.5 mm thick convex sapphire crystal a Superluminova C3 hands and hours markers.

The “hybrid” movement is a derivative of SEIKO’s kinetics. That means the mechanical movement charges a capacitor which in turn powers the super precise quartz movement. At full charge, the watch has a power reserve of 150 days.

The WRV is water resistant to 300 m which is plenty good enough for my pool. More importantly, for a divers’ watch, it complies with ISO 6425 dive watches standard.

I met Frank, RALF TECH boss, at a Special Forces show earlier in 2013. He is a very nice person and has interesting stories. RALF TECH was founded as a suppliers to professional divers thanks to several innovative products. That how it came into contact with several combat frogmen units, including Commando Hubert (KHB). Frank’s very first watch was built for Pascal Bernabé for his 2005 world record deepest dive of 330 m. A RALH TECH watch had been were a Rolex, Omega or Blancpain watch has never been (attached to a live human that is).

That, and the close cooperation with KHB, who are also clients of mine, plus the fact that KHB was closely associated in 1952 with the creation of the Fifty Fathoms, attracted me to this rather unique watch.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Really innovative technology but unfortunately extremely plain.

3. freedomgli

freedomgli Karting

Sep 20, 2005
    Washington, DC
    Cool dive watch. Thanks for the mini history lesson also.

4. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Plain can be beautiful. Ask Patek ;)

5. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I was looking at Seiko Tuna can divers with the kinetic movements. I love that style and IIRC Seiko is the only mfg with that movement type. Thats a plus as far as exclusivity.

It DOES look like an old Fifty Fathoms.
    I like the rubber strap.
    Nice overall.
    It would be perfect with tritium tubes.
    Gotta link ?

6. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
  7. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Thanks for the website. All his other models have great design. Not a fan of this one though.

8. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    #8 WilyB, Jan 19, 2014
  9. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Wow, I was going to say that it was an awesome looking watch because it is so plain & devoid of unnecessary decoration. Wasn't crazy about the rubber strap, but the later posted update looks awesome.

10. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    #10 WilyB, Jan 20, 2014
    The UK distributor has a really great deal on a 2013 full size hybrid WRX "Red Arrow" Limited Ed. (I have no interest in that sale, not related to the manufacturer or the distributor, just passing along the info on a great deal).

Thanks!

11. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    #11 WilyB, Apr 13, 2014