Am I crazy for wanting this? | FerrariChat

Am I crazy for wanting this?

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by Sales@CNCMOTORS, Feb 3, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sales@CNCMOTORS

Sales@CNCMOTORS Formula 3

Aug 10, 2011
    Upland, California
    Full Name:
    Ira
  2. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Buy the limited edition Montblancs as they appreciate. I bought my brother an Imperial Dragon fountain pen when it came out for something like $600. I believe that pen is now worth about $8k.

3. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    You're not crazy for wanting a pen like this, but I find it hard to spend that much on a MontBlanc that's NOT a fountain pen (I believe that the exact link is to a rollerball or a ballpoint). I stopped buying MB rollerballs a few years back and now just enjoy buying their fountains. But, I keep my spending pretty trim on pens - I have yet to spend more than $500 on a MB, so what the hell do I know, right?!?!?!?

4. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Damn!!! Hadn't priced them in awhile. I have 4 or 5 laying around here somewhere

5. Sales@CNCMOTORS

Aug 10, 2011
    Upland, California
    Full Name:
    Ira
    That's awesome. I am sure the opposite would happen to me lol
    My pen now is a ballpoint and I really like it. I think the only other style I have used is a fineliner.... I am just happy to have one, but maybe that is where the addiction starts..........
    Awesome!
    Haha looks great!!!! I need to sell more cars, that seems to be the solution to everything :)

6. photonut

photonut F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 16, 2007
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Joel
  7. Sales@CNCMOTORS

Aug 10, 2011
    Upland, California
    Full Name:
    Ira
    That is actually this pen here Writing Instruments StarWalker Carbon Ballpoint Pen | Montblanc

So that site is really only a $30 and if spending that much money on a pen mind as well pay the extra $30 and get it direct then from an unknown place....

It seems like they try and trick you into thinking it is this one Writing Instruments StarWalker Ultimate Carbon Ballpoint Pen | Montblanc

I guess this does make me a little crazy......

8. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    LOL, I remember when BIC pens came out in droves....

Cam: have we talked before? I lived in Ontario 1968-1972 when I was 10-14, I remember it well.... PM me.

9. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I have a Monblanc Meistruck with gold sitting in my desk. I broke the tip of the barrel a couple years ago. I was 14 years old. Replaced it with a Platinum version last night with Marriott points. I need to get my Jorg Hysek (sp) fixed.....

Just got my Rolex serviced, so I need to keep the personal expenses down hahaha.

10. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I broke my Pelikan fountain and dropped it off at my local pen shop and they sent it in for repair under warranty. Eventhough your Montblanc is 14 years old, they may warranty the pen. It never hurts to ask.

11. Sales@CNCMOTORS

Aug 10, 2011
    Upland, California
    Full Name:
    Ira
    No sorry it was not me, I am younger than that......

12. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    There was a period when I was collecting fountain pens. Some of them are true works of art. Most have been sold. For fountains, be aware that once dipped (in ink) they lose value.

CW

13. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Thanks WP for the suggestion. I just noticed a typo, the pen was 14 years old......I just act 14.