Pre Owned Patek | FerrariChat

Pre Owned Patek

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by speedyellow08, Apr 3, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. speedyellow08

speedyellow08 Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2012
    Houston,TX
    Hello All!
    Planning to buy a Pre owned Patek from an individual. This deal is facilitated by an former employee of a jewelry store. I know this employee for a while by a customer of his former store which use to sell Pateks. My question is how to authenticate this 50K watch? I live in Houston, TX. Any recommendations from guys who bought a patek from a private party? Thanks!

2. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Get the serial numbers off the case and movement as well as pictures, send them to Patek and the police (to make sure its not stolen). While you're at it, get a quote for a full service by Patek - you may find the amusing as it may be comparable to a Ferrari service.

Regards,

Art S.

3. BT ZR1

BT ZR1 Karting

Nov 22, 2013
    Toronto
    Take the watch to an authorized patek dealer. They will know. Ask for the boxes and papers the watch came with .The papers will show the store that sold the watch and to whom and the date it was sold. Without the box and papers the watch is less marketable and you should pass. Many pateks do not have serial numbers on the case. You buy the seller in many cases. To service a patek , 3-6 months in Switzerland unless henri stern can do it in New York and yes , figure 2k .

4. PaulC

PaulC Formula 3

Feb 11, 2003
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Paul
    PM Sent

5. alxforschnr

alxforschnr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2012
    NYC
    Full Name: