Watch Purchase in Nassau | FerrariChat

Watch Purchase in Nassau

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by drjohngober, May 18, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    We have a trip planned to Nassau and am thinking about purchasing a AP ROO ( Diver or Safari) for an upcoming landmark birthday while there. I have read online about Little Switzerland and John Bull. Anyone have any experience and strategies for purchasing there?

2. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

You may be better off purchasing in the US . Especially if you can find a pre-owned . When purchasing outside the US you must deal with customs . All of the watches I've owned have been pre owned with no real problems . My latest. is an AP offshore w the ceramic bezel . Saved almost 10 k from new . If I can be of any help you are welcome to PM me . Good luck

3. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Wear it home. Put the box in the luggage. Chances of customs catching it are slim.

Be sure you know what it costs in the US before you go.

4. tazz99

tazz99 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2007
    Kennesaw, GA
    Full Name:
    Seth
    See what you can get one for in the US, tax included. You can beat the sales tax in some cases if you have it shipped out of the state of the seller. If you buy in Nassau make the best deal you can (cash might save you 3%). Pay the duty, it is like 1.5% of the amount over $5,000. Duty is doody.

5. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    No.

Those kinds of discounts don't exist anymore. Unfortunately.

Matt

6. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I know for a fact you can buy in the US for the same or less . I do this for a living . Ps . If you have any problems with the watch it's much easier to deal within this country

7. HOBE456

HOBE456 Karting

Apr 27, 2012
    Hobe Sound, FL
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Cigarzman is 100%. Best deals are here not there. Years ago it was there not here, but it's all changed.