Urgent help needed | FerrariChat

Urgent help needed

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by nmellor, Jun 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nmellor

nmellor Rookie

Jun 12, 2014
    #1 nmellor, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have a Ferrari watch and when i purchased it i was told its genuine, the watch feels excellent quality and is heavy, infact looks amazing, does anyone know what model it as cant find it anywhere on the net, so hoping its not fake although doesnt look it or feel like it..
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #2 ylshih, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
    Sorry to say, but I think it's fake. It doesn't look like anything I know as genuine. It's missing the S F initials in the shield. Ferrari watches usually have the shield or the Ferrari logo, but not both on top of each other. By far the most common Ferrari watch complication is a chronograph, this has 2 registers, but it is not a chronograph. The bezel/scale is nonsense; the most common ones are a minutes scale (to mark a minute offset) or a tachymetric scale (to measure speed); rarer are telemetric (to measure distance from the difference between sight/sound markers), pulsometric (to convert a fixed number of beats into a pulse rate), decimal (to read decimal minutes), and logarithmic (as a slide rule) scales - a scale that goes to 300 in even divisions is none of those and I can't begin to guess the purpose of dividing a minute or hour into 300 parts.

3. nmellor

nmellor Rookie

Jun 12, 2014
    Thank you for the response

4. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
  5. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I don't understand these types of posts. How much did you pay for it? If it was extremely cheap, then you know it's fake. If it was expensive, then you must have done your homework to know whether or not it's real.

6. cwilson13

cwilson13 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 20, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    CWilson
    I have no reason to believe this is the case with NMellor (but with only two posts...) and have no idea about this Ferrari watch.

But counterfeits often post their latest 'creations' on boards with knowledgable buys to gauge reaction and gain feedback. Call it market research.

Happens a lot with high quality counterfeiters of Rolex, AP, PP, etc. their fakes have gotten so good, it takes a true enthusiast or even expect to catch minute details. They will post in say a big Rolex board as 'did I just make a huge mistake?' Or 'about to buy this watch, what do you think?, etc. If they can get a debate going in the post, they can learn a lot fast. They then use this info to go back and refine their work.