Patek Philippe Almagnetic | FerrariChat

Patek Philippe Almagnetic

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by gumbajv, Jul 30, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gumbajv

gumbajv Karting

Dec 2, 2010
    I had the Almagnetic completely restored a few years back. Thinking of selling it, and would like to get it appraised, any recommendations as to who to talk to?
    thanks.

2. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
  3. gumbajv

gumbajv Karting

Dec 2, 2010
    #3 gumbajv, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. stevenwk

stevenwk F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2007
    Metro Detroit
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Interesting watch.

Do you have box/papers?

5. gumbajv

gumbajv Karting

Dec 2, 2010
    I inherited the watch 20 yrs ago. No box. I sent it to Patek Philippe in '09 for a complete service. The model is a #3417, and the serial number indicates made between 1958-1960. When I can establish a price I will list it for sale. There's quite a spread on estimated market value and what they are selling for at the auction houses.
    Thanks for the links.

6. stevenwk

stevenwk F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2007
    Metro Detroit
    Full Name:
    Steve
    It looks like Robert Maron had one, but it sold.

The watch is probably best suited to go to auction; that's where you're going to find the strongest money even with commission. This is a pretty special piece IMHO.

The same holds true for rare stamps, and cameras especially vintage Leicas - - auctions are a good way to go unless you need fast cash.

PATEK PHILIPPE VINTAGE ANTIMAGNETIC 3417 STAINLESS STEEL | Vintage Patek | Robert Maron Inc. Patek Philippe Rolex Audemars Piguet Vintage Minute Repeater Tourbillon Chronograph Vacheron Constantin Breguet Watches, F.P. Journe, Richard Mille Complicat

7. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    Yeah, I'd contact Antiquorom.

-dsd

8. gumbajv

gumbajv Karting

Dec 2, 2010
    Has anyone sold a watch through Antiquorom or Christies? The watch in the Christies link above hammered at $70K, the $87.5K included the buyers premium.
    I'm not in a hurry and don't need the cash. I seldom where the watch and it's a shame just to have it sitting around.

9. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    A number of years ago I sold an Omega Speedmaster 125 chronometer/chronograph in stainless steel through Antiquorum. It was a gift to me by a very close friend who had passed some years prior to sale. It was unused in all of the original packaging with the original sales invoice from the Zurich Omega dealer from whom originally bought. Quite satisfied with the Company's professionalism and the auction result.