Rolex Submariner | FerrariChat

Rolex Submariner

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by 285ferrari, Aug 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Looking to purchase a Rolex. Where are you guys buying your watches?

2. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    The Rolex forum. Best deals, tax free. But do your homework. Good luck.

3. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    TimeZone

4. cwilson13

cwilson13 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 20, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    CWilson
    The Rolex Forum.
    Look up DavidSW.
    He is one of the highly recommended, top sellers. Look him up in the Whos Who section on the site. I have done many high dollar Rolex and Patek deals with him. He is someone you can trust.

Good luck.

5. Davidcbrown

Davidcbrown Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2011
    Bobs. Good company

6. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Do some research to decide how important boxes and papers are to you, and then check out Duc5150's ad in ferrariads. Fair price for no boxes and papers. Also, for pricing research I like Watchrecon.com , it includes all the ads on timezone, watchuseek, rolex forums, etc.

7. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Robbie,
    Depends on HOW you want to buy. Most of the guys here have recommended pre-owned or gray market watches.

I tend to buy all of mine from a single Authorized Dealer. I like brand-new watches from the dealer, with all the manufacturer's support.

8. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    So glad I saw this thread, I'm in the market for a Sub right now. I need to get myself educated on these....I've wanted one for a while. Been a Roadster and PAM owner for sometime and want something more daily wearable...

9. Andrew@DiamondExchange

Jul 23, 2014
    4re308, we recently became a sponsor on f-chat... we have a fairly large rolex inventory and I would be happy to talk submariners with you. Due to being very busy in our store I have not been able to put the time into the forum that I would like but please feel free to call, email or pm/dm me anytime! This obviously goes for everyone

We recently had a great transaction with StickyNoMore... im sure Robbie would be happy to vouch for us ;-)

10. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Hi Andrew, thanks for the message and welcome to Fchat!! I've been a member of this place since 2001. Really great folks here. Anyway yes I will be calling you, speak to you soon!

11. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    +1 - - I had a great experience!!! Highly recommend!!!!

12. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    DavidSW the rolex forum just did a face to face deal for this Rolex Daytona. Highly recommend, will buy from him again. Good luck[​IMG]

13. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Damn, that looks sweet!!

14. Desperado

Desperado Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2007
    Pittsburgh/Djibouti
    Full Name:
    Tom
    That is beautiful. To the OP, take a look at the sea dweller as well. One of my fav watches and a little more unique than a sub.

15. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David

This

16. Iadvise

Iadvise Karting

Mar 5, 2013
    This is from David SW

[​IMG]

17. ndnbill

ndnbill Karting

Mar 3, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    William
    go to watchrecon most of what is for sale anywhere can be searched there--a guy with an international reputation for great rolexes and good business practices is Jacek, in SF. just search for him on watchrecon.

18. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    Would you guys get a submariner or GMT 2.

19. ndnbill

ndnbill Karting

Mar 3, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    William
    both are fantastic watches. If the time comes to sell/trade historically the Sub will go faster and higher. the GMT function is a nice one, but if you use it only know what time it is Monza or Singapore on F1 race day, then go sub.

20. Andrew@DiamondExchange

Jul 23, 2014
    Both watches are great and have very similar styles... Do you care Greenwich Mean Time (Time in London) or if you own the GMT II will you use it functions beyond your local date and time? Typically the more modern Submariners (say late 80s to present) sell for about $500 more than the GMT II.

When I wear a GMT I always make sure to have the GMT correct to London time and of course my local time correct... Its always good to understand the functions of your equipment and you never know when you'll run into that one guy... Its almost like having your chronograph running while not timing anything...

Submariners are great and I do not think you need to be a diver to enjoy one. Less complicated than the GMT, respected and gets the job done. They are durable, wear nice with a suit and tie, and go well with jeans and a tee shirt. I think you'll find that most watch guys/collectors weather they have 2 watches in their inventory or 100, most of them will have a sub...