Patek Question | FerrariChat

Patek Question

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by speedyellow08, Sep 20, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. speedyellow08

speedyellow08 Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2012
    Houston,TX
    #1 speedyellow08, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
    Hello All! I planning to own a Patek soon and in the process of looking for one (used). I like 5146G and 5030G model. Apart from the price is there any difference in buying one from the other?. I do not have much knowledge about Pateks. I prefer them on white gold with Bracelet. I see 5030 G more on the market than 5146G. Help Please??. If anyone in the forum want to sell theirs please contact me.

2. cwilson13

cwilson13 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 20, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    CWilson
  3. rllucero

rllucero Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2006
    Santa Fe/San Diego
    Full Name:
    richontravel
    You can't go wrong with either choice. When I was looking I considered several models but ended up with the 5711/01A blue face. Like most I like to have something I can turn to cash if I want and the 5711 does just that. Some Pateks can take a very long time to move. I don't know about the two you are considering but do your homework. If you aren't the type to move watches then my post doesn't mean anything.

4. SierraBravo

SierraBravo Karting

Jul 13, 2014
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Buy what stirs your emotions most. They're all beautiful timepieces and true works of art. I have four and love them all. Personally, I prefer round faces with complications.

5. Patriot

Patriot Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    I try to go with SierraBravo's POV (passion) but only if it happens to be consistent with rllucero's POV (resell)

Patek round dials are more "traditional." Because most people prefer round watches and Patek's are traditionally round I would think that the 5146 is more likely an easier mover over the 5030 in the "near term." Down the road who knows. Rarity usually wins over time which probably makes the 5030 a better purchase in the (very) long term.