Leather Driving Gloves | FerrariChat

Leather Driving Gloves

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by IDriveM5, Nov 17, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Hey Fellas,

I did a search here and didn't find what I was looking for. I'm in the market for a new pair of Leather Driving Gloves. Can anybody here recommend some specific brands or lines that have worked well?

Thanks!

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  3. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    I looked at Amazon as well, like I do for a lot of things. But, I guess I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions which go beyond there.

If people here have suggestions with links, that's even better. The last thing I want is for someone to say "Oh, I got the best driving gloves while I was in Rome on Via Condotti" or something to that effect... ;)

4. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Raj, there were some really detailed posts about driving gloves in the silver section a few years ago IIRC. Maybe you will bump it and re-kindle my interest? I was always curious to try some myself.

5. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Man, I can search again, but my first pass didn't reveal much of interest.
    I had a pair from BMW M Division which were nice, but a bit ostentatious. I also had a pair from Italy that I bought while I was there but they fell apart pretty rapidly.

6. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  7. 95Monster

95Monster Rookie

Mar 13, 2011
    Los Angeles, Califor
    Full Name:
    George
    This is a little outside the box but might work. Lee Parks makes deerskin motorcycle gloves with the seams/stitching outside. Awesome gloves that may work for you. Reinforced palm and knuckles may be a bit too much for the car but the deerskin is nice and supple.

8. dfratini

dfratini Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 31, 2003
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel Fratini
    Go to Fratelli Orsini....they make them to order and are the best you will find. Their site is:
    Fratelli Orsini

9. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Thanks guys!

10. Tifoso Ferrari

Tifoso Ferrari Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    Upper Volta
    Full Name:
    Gianni Cagate
  11. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    You were teeter tottering on the fence with those Oakleys but driving gloves will definitely tip you over to "That guy" status! :)

Please PLEASE don't start a thread looking for a composer to write your own personal theme music! :D :D :D

12. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    #12 IDriveM5, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    ROFL! Good one. I think that, if my new driving gloves don't bear the Ferrari logo on them, then I SHOULD be safe, right? I suppose I shouldn't tell you that I own my own racing crash helmet as well.....
    Oh well, if the ship has already sailed, I may as well be on board rather than watching it from the shore!

In all seriousness, I'm not planning to use driving gloves regularly. Pretty much just for when I'm on a race track or when I'm on a coordinated sports car drive / "enthusiastic cruise." From time to time, my palms get sweaty.

...now about that theme music - would it be more appropriate in Silver or in Other Off Topic? Or maybe General Discussion... ;)

Edit: The Martelli Glove company looks really nice. Not sure I want to get into the whole importing thing though. I like how Fratelli Orsini uses plenty of Ferrari parts in their photos of driving gloves. This might be a winner!
    The thread Kevin linked to makes me think twice because, apparently, they're not hip. Oh well, I gave up on trying to be hip...

13. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #13 Kevin Rev'n, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I should have scanned the thread, all I remembered was that there was some info in there. You will need to re-calibrate yourself for what the masses think about hip. It's not about them. It's about you and how you feel. The car is an extension of you. If you want to feel it with a gloved hand that is YOUR prerogative.

Here's an image to color the scene more appropriately...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Raj, Keep it in mind to get some that are cut away for your watch. ;)

15. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    I think I saw that in your post on the thread that Kevin kindly linked. For the most part, the cuff of the gloves I've used ends before it gets to my watch. Thanks!

16. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Autodromo makes some pretty cool stringbacks....