Leather belts | FerrariChat

Leather belts

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by davidgoerndt, Nov 19, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. davidgoerndt

davidgoerndt Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    David Goerndt
    I'm looking for a quality leather belt for every day wear. I'm tired of spending money on the cheap imports that look good, but fall apart after a few months. Price wise, under 100.00 to start. Any recommendations ?

2. Norm512TR

Norm512TR Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2001
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Norm
    I've had great luck with the products from Saddleback Leather- Belts

Their stuff is really first class and will last a lifetime. Not cheep but under your $100 limit.

3. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Same dilemma here.

I do have one belt (a black leather belt) that I made myself. I took a buckle from an old belt that I liked that fell apart, went to Tandy Leather and bought a belt blank, and did some easy stitching and dyed it black. Not super hard to do, but it came out nicely. I think it cost me around $50 or so for all of the materials.

I need a decent brown colored belt now, and may try to do the same thing. Unless I can find a decent belt that is not too expensive.

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Nordstrom?

5. davidgoerndt

davidgoerndt Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    David Goerndt
    I looked at Saddleback and their sizes seemed limited. I went to Bullhide Belts and ordered a double stitched brown belt, it wasn't cheap at 85.00, but shipping is free and the belts are made in the USA. Plus, they have a three yr warranty.

6. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
  7. jomoyer

jomoyer Formula Junior

Jul 2, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Josh M.
    All good mentions so far. I have a Tanner Goods Standard Belt that I use daily. Only gets better with time, and the way it's constructed I think it'll last a lifetime.

8. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    Joseph Abboud Italian dress belts wear well. Usually 60-70 dollars. Limited colors and finishes. Brooks Brothers has several different leather belts under $100 and if you wait for one of their 25% off sales, some of their very nice belts are just over your price point. Onyx/Brighton these are a bit more casual(they also make western wear). They wear well however, their nickel plated buckles scratch easily.

9. OC Speed Junkie

OC Speed Junkie Formula 3

Aug 6, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Check out Allen Edmond's. I buy my belts and shoes from them. They wear really well.

10. davidgoerndt

davidgoerndt Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    David Goerndt
    I ordered a belt from Bullhide Belts.com and it arrived this past Monday. The belt is very well made and it's a quarter inch thick, still pretty stiff but that will change. It looks like you could tow a car with it. I'm not going to be able to destroy this belt anytime soon.

11. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    Where would you get a high quality woven leather belt?