Incedible frustration with TAG repair Beware | FerrariChat

Incedible frustration with TAG repair Beware

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by f4udriver, Nov 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f4udriver

f4udriver Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    I have read other comments about TAG repair policies but the frustration level is peaking. I wanted others to be aware.

I sent in a TAG watch to be repaired over a month ago. They emailed me a repair cost and a link to accept or decline the repair. Well the link would not work to decline the repair and I tried using a MAC at home and a PC at work with two different browsers.

So I had to call them

Here is where it is frustrating. In order to get my watch back they require another email that I have to print out and fax to them. So that email went to my home and the priority of a watch repair is much less then making the money to pay for them. Life is busy. And I had the time to call them today and ask for my watch to be returned.

They absolutely refuse to send my watch back with just a phone call even though I verified my address, email, repair number and address.

Is there a security problem? I doubt it, I have been running an Alarm company for over 30 years and we don't require that much info when someone is verifying they are the home owner and not a burglar that set off the alarm system.

So now I am waiting on a call from a supervisor. I am sure that when they call I will be on another line or in a meeting so the frustration will elevate even more.

But at least I wasn't transferred and then had the call get lost. YET

Things are out of control recently a realtor rented a place for me and after I sent him the check he said they could not process the ck without a copy of my lease he rented for me. Of course I told him to not cash the ck as he would not get a copy. There is a lot more but this is about TAG

Rant over

I feel a little better

2. FiveLiterEater96

FiveLiterEater96 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2005
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Mike-

Given my similar location and owning a TAG in need of service, where did you take yours for service? Also, just out of curiosity, where in Central Illinois are you located? We could be neighbors.

3. f4udriver

f4udriver Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    TAG only allows their watches to be repaired by them so I sent it to that location in Springfield NJ.

Update a supervisor called me and said she got on their website and used my code to deny the repair.

She still maintains there is a SECURITY risk if I didn't fax or deny the claim on the internet.

Try as I might I still can't understand the security risk of sending a watch back to the person who sent it to you originally.

I live in Springfield

Mike

4. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004

Why waste time? Send a certified letter.

5. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    I understand some frustration and I am perplexed as well, but a fax would have taken less time than this post. Send a fax and smile. This one isn't worth you being upset.

6. enzo thecat

enzo thecat F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Enzo Thecat
    Its friggin impossible to run a business and make phone calls these days. Hold times, transfers, hang-ups, our menu has changed, call this number instead, I'm not in till Tuesday, blah blah blah. Its enough to drive anyone insane.

7. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Based on the circumstances you cite, and your location, I'm gonna guess Glezer-Kraus.