A Watch for the Wife Suggestions? | FerrariChat

A Watch for the Wife Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by DoubleD33, Jan 24, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DoubleD33

DoubleD33 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2012
    Pasadena, CA / Oahu, HI
    Full Name:
    Dan D
    I want to suprise the Mrs. with a new watch for V Tines Day or our Anniversary both of which are coming up shortly. In passing she has mentioned the following attributes. I am not a watch guy at all. In looking I have drifted towards the Tag's and the Breitling's. She is small (5'-3" 130 and ripped) and has a small wrist, but likes the look of the bigger watches. Possibly a small mans watch. She also likes the ones with multiple dials on the face (believe you call that chronograph but not sure) a Breitling navitimer (way too big for her) is an example of this. The dial can be what ever color, but the case and band need to be some form of silver / stainless in color with no gold. Not looking for something blinged out in diamonds either but a mother of pearl dial is OK. She also likes the complete metal bands. Looking to spend no more than $2,500 and if there is another brand out there that is way under budget that I dont know about I would love to hear.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and it can be a watch of yesteryear but not looking for an antique.

TIA

2. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    #2 toggie, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I would think a Ladies Omega Speedmaster with a white face would be a good choice.
    Cost is going to be closer to $3500 though.
    Size is 38 mm which is pretty big for a ladies watch.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    ^^^^^
    Great recommendation!

4. DoubleD33

DoubleD33 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2012
    Pasadena, CA / Oahu, HI
    Full Name:
    Dan D
    I can't say I have ever seen one of those even in my recent searches but I really like it and I am sure she will too as it seems to satisfy all the requirements. Thanks a lot

5. beepx2

beepx2 Formula 3

Jan 26, 2009
    North Carolina
    I bought the Tank Francaise, no date, ladies version for my wife for out 10th anniversary. I think it is the perfect ladies watch. Simple, classic, elegant. Does not have multi dials and maybe too sleek if she wants the chunky look that is popular now.

6. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    +1 on Cartier Tank

7. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    S/S mid size Rolex Oyster, on bracelet, white face with Roman numerals is what all the women want.

Unfortunately over 2.5K....