Omega Constellation Watch (Solid Gold) - Value? | FerrariChat

Omega Constellation Watch (Solid Gold) - Value?

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by Zanny1, Jan 27, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #1 Zanny1, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Inherited a solid gold Omega Constellation, quartz movement, integral bracelet, in 100% perfect - factory new condition. Was sent to the Omega factory in Switzerland a few years back for servicing and polishing, then put away in the safe.
    Local jewelers say it is worth the price of the gold only, which is a pity for such a beautiful piece. Since I have no desire to use it, can someone with knowledge of these watches give me an approximate (sales) value?
    No box or papers. Thank You.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    Lovely watch. I can't help with the valuation, but I'm curious as to its vintage. 70s?

3. junglistluder

junglistluder F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2007
    VA
    Full Name:
    Brendan
    Unfortunately the jewelers are on the right track, this style quartz watch has little desireability today. There may be a buyer out there who loves the look though, you never know. If it was stainless steel instead of gold I would value it around 250-350 so add that to the gold price for the right buyer.

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Gold value

5. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    I would agree. Not a highly desired Omega.

6. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    OK - not such a desirable watch. I can't understand why...but appreciate the advice.
    Yes, early 70's production.
    If anyone wants it for $3800, it's theirs. That's the weight of the 18K gold.
    Me, I wear a 1980 Rolex date-just. Amazing watch. Wear it every day and it still keeps time accurate to around 2 minutes per month. Service it at a local jeweler every 5 years. Maybe that's the key to it's reliability.

7. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    Where did you come up with that value? Is that what a scrap dealer offered you/said its gold content is? The band appears aftermarket/non original and those style of bands are rarely solid gold. And the total weight includes the movement and a lot of non gold.

Its a great watch, just not a desirable collectable, please do not scrap it, but it is worth no where near $3800 as a watch.

-dsd

8. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Price is based on 18K weight of watch and band, less movement.
    The integral band is clearly not aftermarket..... where did YOU get that idea?
    And I won't scrap it.

9. definitelysomeday

definitelysomeday Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2009
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom Kavan
    Hi Mike

The design of the bracelet is a very common design from the era, and was added to lots of watches from various manufacturers by jewelers. I presumed it was aftermarket as well, because of the design and no pix of factory marks on the bracelet. Easy mistake to make. Since the watch is worth around scrap value - it doesn't make too much of a difference.

10. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks for the advice, Tom.

11. ITALIENlove

ITALIENlove Rookie

Mar 20, 2015
    South of Florida
    Full Name:
    Frank R.
    I'm not sure if this is still an actual question. If yes, upload a photo to see the marks on the casing. I collect luxury watches and I'm very used to Omega watches too. Another way to find out how much your Omega is worth is offering your Omega for selling online. There are a couple of websites asking for image upload for a free quote. But take care - some really rip you-off.

12. ITALIENlove

ITALIENlove Rookie

Mar 20, 2015
    South of Florida
    Full Name:
    Frank R.
    #12 ITALIENlove, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    I would really love to see the casing from behind. It looks like a very interesting watch. I'm very sure that you can attract some collectors, if you also plan to sell this Omega watch. This (Sell Omega watch - online with reDollar.com) also could help you.