Paris Dealer | FerrariChat

Paris Dealer

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by wizzard, Mar 16, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wizzard

wizzard Karting

Nov 9, 2014
    Does anyone know of a watch dealer near Paris named Premium Watch-Philippe Coloneaux? He seems to have some very nice Rolex Chronos, one of which I am interested in, but I am a very long way away from Paris.

2. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Apart from this thread he doesn't seem to have a Google presence. Where did you see the watches he is selling? A watch forum, Ebay?

3. wizzard

wizzard Karting

Nov 9, 2014
    I found him while doing an internet search for a particular vintage Rolex. Several of the particular watches I am searching for are listed on a site called chrono24.com. This appears to be a site where dealers can list their merchandise for sale. I have found some positive and some negative reviews about THAT site.
    The watch listed on that site by "Philippe" is shown on his site which is premiumwatch.fr It seems a nice site, tied to a store on the outskirts of Paris. I have been messaging with Philippe for more than a week and he has been very co-operative-to the point of opening the watch and taking pictures of the movement and the inside of the caseback (I know exactly what to look for here and his pictures are spot on).
    I live in the USA. right now it is VERY attractive for a US buyer to convert Dollars to Euros. There are problems with shipping Rolex into the USA. Rolex USA and US customs will stop them if they find them, so I would most likely go to Paris and complete the transaction face to face. I am just trying to make sure that the seller is real before I make a trip across the Atlantic.

4. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    You wrote:
    "Right now it is very attractive to convert Dollars to Euro's"?
    Why? One Euro is worth about $1.06 USD?
    Am I missing something?
    - Ron Frohock

5. chet

chet F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2007
    Chicago
    The Euro has been very weak recently and some expect the weakness to continue. Goldman Sachs projects the Euro to be at parity by year's end annd 0.85 in a couple of years.