Submariner | FerrariChat

Submariner

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by gretel1011, Apr 16, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gretel1011

gretel1011 Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom F
    #1 gretel1011, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  3. 993man

993man Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2009
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Graham
    I just sold that model. I really really really regret it, too.
    Every day I kick myself.
    Ahh well.....

4. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    I have one of those in my collection. Actually, it was my Unicorn. Once I passed the Professional Engineer licensing exam, I bought one for myself as a congratulatory gesture. I actually bought mine when the new style ceramic ones were starting to be released. So, I got a good deal on it, but I actually prefer the older style that I bought because it seems to be a deeper, richer blue (even a bit purple in some light). It's a great watch - I don't wear mine nearly enough. Probably 1-2x per month. That's my only regret!
    I'm not planning on ever selling it (I've never sold a watch, only bought to add to my collection).
    Edit: I love the attention to detail on this piece - you guys have noticed that the date wheel isn't a pure white background, right? It's a bit off-white to match the gold better.

5. 993man

993man Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2009
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Yes the white was the same on my one. It looked old, but wasn't.
    It's such a classy looking watch and I'd sit in my chair polishing it for ages.
    I love my stainless Sub, but the blue one was just so nice.

6. gretel1011

gretel1011 Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom F
    They are beautiful watches. It's the only stainless and gold Rolex that I like.