Question about an AP | FerrariChat

Question about an AP

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by speedyellow08, May 9, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. speedyellow08

speedyellow08 Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2012
    Houston,TX
    Hello all AP enthusiast!
    I am trying to purchase a preowned offshore. My question is regarding the model #. The one i am looking now is 25721STOO1000ST0. I was googling some info about the model and came across an additional digit on some watches for e.g XXXX000st09a. Some does not have a alphabet at the end e.g XXXX000st07.
    Can you please tell me what the alphabet/digit at the end denotes? By the way the watch I am looking is listed for 21K. Is it a fair price? Online stores have listed some watches higher and lower than 21K.
    Any help is appreciated. Thanks
    SK

2. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    I think you are missing a digit and/or letter in the reference number you are looking at.

What series is the watch/condition?

3. speedyellow08

Nov 7, 2012
    Houston,TX
    Thanks for the reply. I will try to get some more info soon.

4. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Post a pic of the watch then we can advise.

5. speedyellow08

Nov 7, 2012
    Houston,TX
    #5 speedyellow08, May 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thank You for the response. Saw the watch today and tried it on. Bummer.. Nice watch and I like it. My wrist size is 6.5" and the strap is very loose on me. Can I order a separate strap.. I mean a smaller one which fits my wrist size. I have attached a few pics. Please advise. Making new holes on the strap will not look good since the tapering end will almost touch the outer casing of the watch.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    that's the safari - yes u can get a smaller band

7. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    FYI 21k is way too much to pay for that one

8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    17k is prob right price

9. fracman5

fracman5 Karting

Nov 8, 2009
    Saw your pictures and thought that the store looked a lot like Zadok's before looking to see your location and then noticed that you are in Houston. I went to school with Sagev Zadok and have bought several items for my wife from them over the years, great service and a good guy. You may also want to try Jonathan's Fine Jewlery, they do great jewelry and track down or can create some hard to find stuff, talk to Jay (we have been friends since 6 or 7th grade), they will shoot you straight on a watch and redirect you if there is a better deal, tell them Chad says hello.