Can someone Give me some info on this Patek? | FerrariChat

Can someone Give me some info on this Patek?

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by mtmilam, Sep 10, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mtmilam

mtmilam Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Full Name:
    Mark Milam
    #1 mtmilam, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have no idea what its worth...My Dad passed and my brothers got to chose which watches we wanted...I picked this one. My brother said it was a limited edition or what ever...I figured someone here would know more. Its got a small number on the back, I think 750 and something in front of it, but I can't tell if its 150...maybe 150 of 750 made...I have no idea. I won't part with it, but just wondering if I should still keep it in the safety deposit box..or bring it home
    Thanks
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    The 750 mark means it is 18k gold.. Purity. No other info on the watch I know of. Sorry for the loss of your father, he had great taste.

https://www.therealreal.com/products/men/fine-watches/leather-strap/patek-philippe-18k-gold-calatrava-watch?sid=pxogmz&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=shopping&cvosrc=cse.google.google&cvo_crid=54860721420&gclid=CjwKEAjw1MSvBRDj2IyP-o7PygsSJAC_6zodTSxuE0USkBHWcPGY9feLjMmJQEVgEwHNLJfQlwK4IBoCYKTw_wcB&kpid=PAT20052

3. mtmilam

mtmilam Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Full Name:
    Mark Milam
    Thanks...but I see my watch has the Roman numeral III and Date box is next to it....ON the link you sent for the 3802, the date box Replaces the numberIII.....is that significant? The watch is 14 years old...

OH, are these waterproof, Can I shower with it? or is water a no no?

4. J.K.P

J.K.P Karting

May 11, 2009
    Southeast asia
    Full Name:
    J.K.P
    #5 J.K.P, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  5. opencollector

opencollector Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2005
    CA Central Coast
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Your watch looks like a 3944. It has a quartz movement. I wouldn't shower with it. Patek claims modern Calatravas have moderate water resistance, but even if you believe them you wouldn't want to soak the leather strap.

6. mtmilam

mtmilam Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Full Name:
    Mark Milam
    It does look like 3944....But the movement is self winding.. I have to move it around to keep it wound... Isn't Quartz movement a battery??
    Thanks again guys for the help
    Mark

7. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    It seams thst they made two versions of that model. The first was manuel, then they came out with quartz. Hard to find a manuel for sale , which seams good for you as they must be more rare . Easiest solution , does the second hand tick or have a smotth swift going around. That will tell you what it is. As quartz ticks.

8. mtmilam

mtmilam Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Full Name:
    Mark Milam
    it is a battery...seems like it needs replacing....brought it in to get it changed...second hand would move 15 seconds at a time. Funny though, it wouldn't start moving untill I moved the watch around...thats why I thought it was self winding or automatic.

9. J.K.P

J.K.P Karting

May 11, 2009
    Southeast asia
    Full Name:
    J.K.P
    That clears up a lot :)
    I hope it brings you many years of enjoyment.
    It's a gorgous piece.
    By the way, as Thomas said above, I would not expose it to water at all and definitely no shower.
    It "should" be "water resistant" to 30M but I would not even wash my hands without taking it of.
    Best
    Jens

10. Mr. V

Mr. V Formula 3

Oct 23, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    So the question of resale value remains as it is quartz as opposed to automatic.

11. J.K.P

J.K.P Karting

May 11, 2009
    Southeast asia
    Full Name:
    J.K.P
    Chrono24 suggest it should be around US$ 8K or there abouts.
    The automatic movement Calatrava's being significantly more than that.
    I think its a gorgeous piece regardless.

Best
    Jens

12. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

It's worth more if you have the box and papers , however if it's engraved it's worth less. Might be a manual wind. You need the reference number which is located on the inside of the watch or on the original papers. It's probably 5-7 k wholesale 8 ish retail.

13. photi

photi Rookie

Dec 10, 2013
    Nassau County LI
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Sorry but the position of the date window appears to be from a quartz model. 3944J. Its still a patek philippe and quite a nice looking watch.

14. mtmilam

mtmilam Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Full Name:
    Mark Milam
    Thanks everyone...
    I won't ever sell it, I just wanted to know about the value for insurance and such. It is a nice looking watch and I don't mind wearing it more... If it was a 35k watch, then I may be a little more hesitant on wearing it :D.