Warranty Companies US FIDELIS, MOGI, STOP REPAIR BILLS. | FerrariChat

Warranty Companies US FIDELIS, MOGI, STOP REPAIR BILLS.

Discussion in 'Florida' started by SorpassoRosso, Nov 3, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SorpassoRosso

SorpassoRosso Karting

Jun 5, 2008
    #1 SorpassoRosso, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
    A few months ago I was considering purchasing one of these policies for my daily driver.
    Glad I didn't. There's been quite a flow of water regarding "aftermarket" warranty companies. Misleading advertising, and fraudulent tactics
    Take US FIDELIS, for example, "endor$ed' by NASCAR gobbler Rusty Wallace, and based in St. Louis. The BBB has received almost 1200 complaints about this company for misleading advertising and fraudulent tactics.
    Customers picking up the tab after finding out the policy does not cover electrical and other "non mechanical" components. The business uses a Halo in its logo and describes itself as a faith based firm.
    His president, Darain Atkinson is described by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch as a "convicted thief, burglar, check forger, and counterfeiter" who found the Lord while incarcelated in jail, and is currently being blessed with a new 17 million 20, 752 foot home under construction.

Can someone provide more feedback on these scams?

2. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Rusty Wallace is the spokesman, not Ricky Rudd.

3. SorpassoRosso

SorpassoRosso Karting

Jun 5, 2008
    Corrected. Thks.

4. monte patterson

monte patterson Karting

Feb 26, 2009
    maitland florida
    Full Name:
    LAMBOGUY
    In my years of dealing with all kinds of warranties,I have found that only warranties supplied by the manufactuer of your car are the only ones that have any validity. If you do buy a non-manufactuer warranty be sure to read what it and does not cover and read it carefully. The best thing to do is ignore these companies and save your money for the day you might need to have repair work done on your car. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!

5. scuderia2008

scuderia2008 Rookie

Aug 31, 2008
    Orlando
    Full Name:
    Rob
    They use salvage yard parts to fix your car,it's cheap insurance for a reason.

6. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Suggestion.......post this in the General Discussion section for more visibilty and responses.

7. dlynes

dlynes Formula 3

Oct 16, 2004
    Augusta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I have always wondered about these kind of companies...i would love to hear any incite.

8. SorpassoRosso

SorpassoRosso Karting

Jun 5, 2008
    DONE.

9. htb3

htb3 Formula Junior

May 30, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I work for a credit union and we offer extended warranties thru a company that deals only with credit unions and they are pretty good. I dont want to mention any companies by name but you have to be careful because some plans cover only a few things, while others cover everything, so you really need to see what they offer. It is a lot cheaper to get the warranty when the car is new, since the premiums go up a lot if the car is older. I found that our warranties are about 1/3 less than what the dealer charges for them on new cars, and on older cars it varies.

I wanted to see how much it would be on my car, but they said they dont offer it on exotics.
    The reason is because they try to average out the cost among all the cars they insure and a claim on an exotic would throw off their averages.

I checked one of our weekly reports and 55 claims were processed for a total of almost $37,000 with the most expense ones of around $2000 being for an evaporator coil on a BMW and another one for a transmission repair on a minivan.