Cars and Coffee in Orlando | FerrariChat

Cars and Coffee in Orlando

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Dohangs, Aug 16, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Hey guys,
    Any interest in trying to get together for a cars and coffee sometime in the Orlando area. There used to be one every month at Mech Tech on OBT, but they haven't done it in a while. I'm trying to get something going. Let me know if anyone would be interested in getting together.
    Thanks,

2. RotarySwingGolf

RotarySwingGolf Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2011
    Florida and Idaho
    I would be this fall when I get back

3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I'd swing down from Gainesville.

4. 400iGuy

400iGuy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Al
    Sure. Any idea why it quit being held at Colonial Towne Park, Lake Mary at 46A?

Al

5. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    Given that there simply aren't enough events in the Tampa area, I'm sure there would be a lot of participants from the Gulf coast. I would certainly make the drive.

Performify likes this.
  6. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    I would be in. They moved from the Townpark to a large restaurant that subsequently shut down. Never made it the 441 location before it shut down.

7. Joegnsx

Joegnsx Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 1, 2012
    Valrico, FL & Franklin, NC
    Full Name:
    Joe Gliksman
    What about a meet in Lakeland so Tampa Bay and Orlando folks can meet up?

8. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I would come if it is in Orlando or north of it.

I went all of the time when it was done. I think it stopped when the area close down.

Thank you for trying to start this again.

lee

9. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Isn't a "Cars and Coffee" typically held in the morning? Before the crowds and traffic?

I went to one at Mech Tech and it was mostly a midday Tuner car event with a DJ etc. Great show with friendly folks but I was hoping for some cars and coffee. :)

10. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Seems like there is a lot of interest. Thanks for the replies. I'll start thinking of a place and get back to you. The one at mech tech was pretty good. There were 2 testarossas, 2 mclarens, a BBi, gallardo, Audi R8, my 348 spider, Maserati gran truismo, and a 430 spider.

11. jehu999

jehu999 Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    Coastal Central Fl
    Full Name:
    James
    I'd be interested but can only make it on Sundays. What about meeting at the ROK go cart park in Orlando sometime? These are not your usual kiddie carts. I might be able to get some non Fchat guys with nice Italian and German cars from the Ormond Beach area to come along.

12. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    There were always alot of nice cars to look at with the owners there so you could ask questions. I promise to bring an interesting car each time.

If we can I would try to find a place with a coffee shop with sweet sticky things. I can not remember the time but I sort of remember eating a late breakfast. I think 10 am. This would avoid the traffic as one poster mentioned.

I think they found Sat better than Sunday because of church and family day. Does not matter to me either way.

Please be sure it has a GPS address so we can find it easily.

Best
    Lee

13. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Hi guys,
    I'm trying to find a place which will fulfill everyone's needs including being in an area where some of our Tampa friends can join us, as well as having a place where we can see the cars and get a cup of coffee and some breakfast sandwiches. I would like to start at the new Panera in Celebration. Not sure how many will show, but we can take the spots along the side of the drive thru area. It's right off I4 and 417! Drops you off right around the back. I'm thinking to do the forst one on September 21st from 9-11.
    Let me know if you guys are in.
    Thanks,
    SjP

14. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    While I don't have an appropriate car to participate, I did enjoy going to the Orlando Cars & Cafe for the past four years and taking pictures. I really appreciated car enthusiasts like Lee that would drive their cars to C&C and share their experience. One particular time I was standing outside the route 46 location and Lee came driving by in his Mosler. I had only seen them parked at car shows and now I got to see one drive by. It was very cool. That same day Nelson brought his Veyron Sang Bleu and yellow 458. There are some really nice cars in central FL and it would be great to get another C&C going again.

My first few times were at the Lake Mary Colonial Towne Park in 2009 and I thought it was a great place for the cars to gather. The big parking lot behind the movie theater made it very easy to group the cars and keep them all in one place. Not much for shade but a short walk around the corner would get you coffee and something to eat. The location was very accessible and right off I4.

They moved the location to that place on route 46 and I thought that was a great place. Just enough room to park the largest crowd, really nice shaded area to walk around and you could go inside for something to drink and eat. It was also very close to I4 which made it accessible. It was a great backdrop for pictures and I had a lot of fun taking pictures of cars as they drove in and out. I was sad to see it end there.

The last location was down at Mech Tech on OBT and the location was a nice spot to group the cars and easy to walk around and check them out. I think they had coffee but if you wanted a bite to eat you had to run across eight lanes to get to McDonalds :D

Since I don't have a car I don't think I should have a say in the location but I will give a few thoughts. There were some people that came from Tampa and there were some that came from Daytona and Jacksonville. A few times some people came all the way from Miami/ Ft Lauderdale. If you lean towards one group you make it tougher for the others. I think the focus should be on a great location for Orlando.

I don't know where the Panera is in Celebration but if it's anywhere near where they have the exotic car show it will spread the cars out and mix them up when parking and I don't know how you will deal with the public sharing the same space. It is the opposite of the Colonial Towne Park location where everyone parked together and didn't have to deal with the public. There were times when a few hundred cars would show up. Could you do that at the Panera location? I for one won't make the drive to Celebration but I don't matter. What I'm concerned about is people like Lee, a guy with an awesome car collection that loves to drive and share them will probably not make the drive. Another guy with some amazing cars that lives near Daytona won't make that drive as he stopped going to C&C when they moved to Mech Tech.

A lot of people went to the Orlando C&C and I hope you guys can put something together and get it going again. It will take a lot of work to figure out the logistics and what works best. I for one appreciate that and I wish you the best.

Here are my pics for past C&C Orlando Automotive Club

15. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Thanks for the input. I love your pictures. You definitely can't put hundreds of cars together in the Panera parking lot. More like about 15-20 along the one side. I would be happy with that many. I wasn't thinking we would get that many cars initially. I'd like to reserve some parking in one of the lots in Celebration and will work on that. I haven't advertised it on any other forums as of yet. I was thinking of mostly exotics for now.
    We'll see.

16. 400iGuy

400iGuy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Al
    I put it on my calendar for Sept 21 @ 9:00. See ya' there.

Al

17. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Would be cool to get an event going again. I'm down to swing by for sure. Celebration isn't to far off, and it's near the main highways.

18. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    Thanks for setting this up. Celebration would certainly work for those of us from the West Coast. Only issue is that September 21st is the C&C at Dupont Registry in St. Pete, so this might limit the attendees, i.e the following week might work better. But count me in either way. Thanks again!!

19. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    #19 leead1, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
    Thank you for the kind words on my car collection. I loved seeing nelsons cars, nice guy with wonderful cars. I loved his yellow 458 car so much I bought that very car from him.

My only request is a GPS address that takes me right there. Otherwise I could never find it. getting old does that :)

It would be nice to have an easy parking area, some of these cars you cannot see out the back very well, but I will manage wherever you decide to do it. Hard to guess how many cars will show up. I expect you will get close to 100 later on and maybe 20-40 when you first start.

I repectfully suggest you do exotic cars and muscle cars, modern and classic. We car guys love looking at all cars and listening to the owners about their cars.

Thank you so much for setting this up. I am looking forward to attending.

Best

Lee

20. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Okay guys, I found a bigger place just in case we have a lot of cars show up. It's going to be where an old Publix grocery store was. Off of International drive and 192. A huge parking lot, there is some shelter and a Dunkin Doughnuts next door. Not glamorous but it should check off all the requirements. It's close to I4 and 417. Lets move it to the following week, September 28th since DuPont is having a C&C the same week. I expect some of the west coast guys to be there. I'll make sure to get an address for all of you. I figured it would be good to meet some of the Fchat guys in person and a talk about cars. Hope to see you all there and make this a monthly event.
    Let me know who's thinking of showing upl
    Pm me with any questions.
    Thanks,

21. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Ugh... I'll be out of town the 28th but I'll be around most of October. Hopefully catch the 2nd of many!

22. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    Perfect - I'm definitely in. Most likely will have a few cars heading over from Tampa Bay. Thanks again for setting this up!!

23. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Sounds like a good plan. Keep it updated.

24. bassrebel

bassrebel Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Danny Gonzalez
    Dohangs, me and my partners have a BMW club, we would love to help, contact me at [email protected] with details

25. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I will be there. Just need the GPS address.

Troy do you want to got together? Not sure which car to bring. If not I will see you there.

So glad it is being set up again.

Best

Lee