Orlando GP Karting Sept 6 | FerrariChat

Orlando GP Karting Sept 6

Discussion in 'Florida' started by bmxracer50, Sep 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bmxracer50

bmxracer50 Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2009
    Orlando
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I'm meeting a friend at Orlando Grand Prix / Orlando Indoor Go Kart Racing for some laps on Saturday, Sept 6th, 6:30ish. It would be fun to dice it up with a few of you guys from the Orlando/Celebration C&C.
    Any takers?
    It's indoors, which is nice this time of year, and weather permitting, the Ferrari is coming out. I've had it out of storage for a few weeks now and have yet to drive it. There goes that theory :p

2. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    I'm leaving for north Fl tonight. Otherwise I'd join in, have been wanting to check that place out.

3. mr_bock

mr_bock Formula 3

Oct 27, 2006
    FL full time
    Sounds like fun!!!! I am pushing hard to finish the master bath remodeling work (now painting).

Will have to put this on my 'to do' list.
    Thanks for the heads up on this!

4. bmxracer50

bmxracer50 Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2009
    Orlando
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Good luck with the painting George. It's nice to put the finishing touches on a project.

Orlando GP was a decent fix for my racing appetite. Being indoors was nice given the hot and rainy summer weather.
    Although I hear there are outdoor shifter karts somewhere around these parts. I've always wanted to try those.

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I've never heard of outdoor shifter karts in Orlando. There is another indoor karting facility being built (electric karts as well). I drove by this place some months back when under construction...not sure when it will open.

No affiliation to it: I-DRIVE | Indoor Kart Racing

6. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    The so-called "Prokarts" at Autobahn Indoor Speedway in Jacksonville and Baltimore/Washington are a bit more powerful and faster than these (20 hp & reputed top speed of 50 mph). I haven't been to the one in FL, but the one in MD is clean and well-run, and decorated with an F1-inspired theme.
    These Italian karts are vastly nicer than I've seen elsewhere, but I'm no karting expert. I will say that racing indoors was nice, since the large (70,000 sq. ft.) facility is heated/air-conditioned. One course (they're the same in both FL & MD) is very tight and technical, while the other offers a bit more opportunity to get up some speed.
    No affiliation: Indoor Go Cart Racing in Baltimore MD- Go Kart Racing in Jacksonville FL- Autobahn Indoor Speedway Baltimore - Washington D.C. Area

7. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Good to know! I think I may have looked into that place up in Baltimore after I went to the Baltimore GP last year. That race gave me the itch to go racing along with some of their ads in the paddock they posted...never had time, though. Hopefully I will go back up to MD/DC the end of May and can go there. Oddly enough I will probably be there sooner than I would ever end up in Jax even though Jax is much closer...just never venture to northern FL unless I drive through it to get to DC.

8. bmxracer50

bmxracer50 Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2009
    Orlando
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I'll post up if I verify this shifter business...and give ya'll a bit of a heads up next time.

9. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    Yes, this the place that set up the temporary track inside the Convention Center at last year's Baltimore GP Indycar/ALMS race, but it looked as though it was more oriented towards attracting kids to drive the "Junior" karts- they are nowhere near as fast, nor do they corner as hard, as the 20 hp/50 mph "Prokarts", which allegedly generate 2 Gs lateral.
    Give it a try when you're next near Jax or Baltimore/Washington- I think you'll have big fun.

10. dirtlawyer

dirtlawyer Rookie

Sep 28, 2013
    Orlando, Florida
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Sounds great! Going to check my schedule (translation: ask my wife if she has already committed us elsewhere--I am not in charge of the calendar). Hope to see you there! I've been meaning to try this out.

11. dirtlawyer

dirtlawyer Rookie

Sep 28, 2013
    Orlando, Florida
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Haha, I see I already missed it. This is why I'm not in charge of the calendar at home. Hope you had a great time!

12. blackice6006

blackice6006 Rookie

Aug 27, 2014
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Frank J. Garofalo
  13. bmxracer50

bmxracer50 Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2009
    Orlando
    Full Name: