Need Mechanic SW Florida - Naples/Bonita Springs Area | FerrariChat

Need Mechanic SW Florida - Naples/Bonita Springs Area

Discussion in 'Florida' started by hensleyac, Jun 24, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hensleyac

hensleyac Karting

Jun 2, 2015
    Estero Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I've spotted these 3

1 - F1 Imports and Exotics
    2 - Naples Euro Sport
    3 - Naples Motor Sports

Anyone have experience with these shops for service/repair? Is there a better shop I am not aware of. Like most, looking for quality and knowledgeable shop with fair pricing.

Thanks in advance!

2. SizzleChest

SizzleChest Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2014
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I have only heard good things about F1

3. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    +1.

4. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    +2

5. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Which model?

6. oss117

oss117 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2006
    Plantation, Florida
    Full Name:
    Alfredo
    Definitely F1 Imports

7. hensleyac

hensleyac Karting

Jun 2, 2015
    Estero Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thanks for replies. I have 1993 348 ss arriving this Friday.

8. hensleyac

hensleyac Karting

Jun 2, 2015
    Estero Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Looks like lots of good feedback for F1. I have called them in the hopes they would have a tech I could talk to about looking at my new 348SS right off the delivery trailer. Nice young lady put me on hold several times while finding answers to my questions.

Roger at Naples Euro Sport came to the phone personally for me and stated he would put the car on a lift right off the trailer and do a quick look through with me there.

I'm feeling more comfortable with Naples Euro from my phone calls but it seems the gang that has chimed in here may not have experience with them???

Thanks!

9. craterface

craterface Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2011
    Sanibel Island, FL
    I live on Sanibel and I drive over an hour to drop my car there.

Eric is great and therefore busy, and that is why he can't come to the phone.

Once he looks it over, he will call you personally to tell you what is going on.

Look inside the shop and it is full of exotics, even in the off season down here.

I also use Rick Hunt here in Ft Myers. He can be grouchy, but does excellent work. But for the 348, go to Eric.

Scott

10. Sciotoboy

Sciotoboy Karting

Jan 26, 2014
    New Albany,Lake Nona
    Full Name:
    Kelly
    F1 is great.I had them do a ppi,Eric was very thorough.

11. bigred2171

bigred2171 Karting

Sep 14, 2008
    Montreal,Quebec
    F1.You wont find a better place.
    They used to service the cars for Naples Motorsports before they opened their own shop..

12. JamieO

JamieO Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Naples Motorsports has a Ferrari master technician on staff in their service department. i was very impressed with their service department, extremely knowledgeable and friendly.

13. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Eric is sharp and knowledgeable with Ferraris as well as other exotics. Good guy to work with. Note he does the work on Ferraris himself. Accordingly he is not available to answer questions over the phone.

He has worked on my cars for the past 10 years. I recommend him highly.

14. hensleyac

hensleyac Karting

Jun 2, 2015
    Estero Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thanks for the info. I chose Eric at F1 and he currently has my 348 in the shop right now. Engine is out and he raved about the condition it is in! Best condition mechanically he has seen a 348 in over 20 years. That made me feel even better about my purchase.

15. SizzleChest

Dec 15, 2014
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    ^^^Great news Chris! That is awesome! Hope to get to see her real soon!

16. hensleyac

hensleyac Karting

Jun 2, 2015
    Estero Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Eric and his team were great. I stopped by multiple times and always saw him personally working on my car. She really runs and sounds great, and it just feels good to know that the car is in such great shape and well sorted.

17. SizzleChest

Dec 15, 2014
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I'm gonna take this that she is all done! That's great! Hope to get to see it soon! Maybe at the next Cars & Coffee!

18. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I am thinking of purchasing a car in the Naples area and keeping it there. Who would you recommend for a PPI and ongoing service on a 458? Thanks

19. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Tom.......your answer is in the posts above......Eric at F1 Imports is the guy. He has serviced every Ferrari I have owned since moving to Naples over 10 years ago. He re-built my 330 GTC.....serviced my SA.........fixed stickies on my QP.....list goes on an on.

Eric is as a straight up guy as you will meet. He won't come to the phone though. For years he was looking for a qualified exotic car technician to bring on board. But he could not find the right fit. Accordingly he stopped being involved with the administrative end and jumped full time into diagnosing, repairing and wrenching FCars, Lambos, RRs.....new and old.

Eric will do a thorough PPI and be there when you need service or repair for your acquisition. Good luck in your endeavors. Maybe you might want to join the Naples Chapter of the FCA to meet up with other Tofosi in our little town. Good bunch....

20. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Thanks very much. Have you had, or do you know someone who has had experience with him on a newer Ferrari? In th Chicago area, I am finding there is a group of mchanics that are very good with the older cars, and others who seem to know the newer cars better. Really appreciate the help.

21. craterface

craterface Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2011
    Sanibel Island, FL
    No personal experience with F1 and newer Ferraris, but Eric does try to keep up with the latest diagnostic software. Give them a call.

22. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Great. Thanks very much.

23. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Eric does work on newer Ferraris too. He has the equipment and the expertise to service new Ferraris. I have seen 458s in his shop.

If you can put together a series of questions you can email them to F1 and they will respond. As I mentioned he doesn't come to the phone because his hands and head are usually inside some exotic car.

Contact Heather - [email protected] with your questions and scheduling.

24. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Thanks very much. This is very helpful. In the interest of full disclosure, I have a friend purchasing his first Ferrari and he reached out to me because I own a couple He lives in Naples. I have passed this on to him and he is acting on it. My wife and I are looking to by in fla but have not decided where. Thanks again.