Ferrari of Palm Beach | FerrariChat

Ferrari of Palm Beach

Discussion in 'Florida' started by speed racer, May 2, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    Hi All,

I'm considering putting my Ferrari on consignment with this dealership and I know almost nothing about them. Any information either positive or negative about dealing with them would be greatly appreciated. if there is anyone in particular there that I should talk to his name would also be very helpful.
    My only concern after comparing their current inventory of pre-sold Ferraris with say for instance Ferrari of Ft. Lauderdale is that their selection seems rather limited in comparison except of course for the LF shown on their webpage. The big plus for me is that the West Palm Beach dealership is quite close to my second home and i can keep close tabs on my baby.Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I purchased my rig from them. Jay , the manager would be the person whom I would speak with. No nonsense guy. I did a deal over the phone with a trade and the deal was seamless.

3. oss117

oss117 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2006
    Plantation, Florida
    Full Name:
    Alfredo
    Interesting story that kind of mirrors mine with Ferrari of Silicon Valley.
    Experience has taught me, when dealing over a used car, it is always safer to discount the agreed price to allow for problems to be fixed, rather than expect the seller (dealer or private individual) to make them right.

4. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #5 up4speed, May 3, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
    That thread above is a rendition of my experience purchasing the car, I started the thread to tell my experience as it was happening and didn't think it would blow up to that extent. It is only my side of the story, but I did try to keep it as fair and neutral as possible, so keep that in mind. The only thing I could tell you is that 4 years later, I still wonder how they ran a professional business that way.
    On the bright side, I have heard that the manager that I dealt with was fired since then. I'm not sure if it is true, but I heard it from another guy that was lied to and also had a problem on a deal where he traded in a 458 for a 458 spider.
    Hopefully they got their act together since then!

5. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Wow Chris. I just read through your experience. Wow.

6. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I had horrible experiences with their service department. Besides not having sufficient knowledge to work on my 575 (I had to teach them what to do to turn off/on the TPMS in the computer) they lied about repairs that were not needed. They claimed in had massive oil leaks and a power steering leak that needed immediate repair. I had just serviced the car myself with the belly pans off and knew it was bone dry. When I pressed them on that fact they came back with 'oh, it was just a loose hose. We fixed it, no charge.'

I will never go anywhere near that place again.

7. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    It doesn't get much worse than that. How long ago did it happen? Just wondering if the change in management fixed these issues.

Scott

8. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #9 up4speed, May 3, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
    That does not surprise me one bit!
    I find it amazing how they can treat the customer/potential customer so polite and how they can act so accommodating, while they stab you in the back and lie to your face!! They are really a peice of work.

9. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
  10. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    About a year ago, no more than that.

11. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Apparently they didn't change their tune. My incident happened in 2012, and from memory I'm guessing the management changeover supposedly happened within a year or two from then.

12. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    Hey guys,
    I think we are getting a little off topic. My original post dealt with consigning a car to Ferrari of Palm Beach. I am neither servicing,or buying a car from them. I am however very interested in the buying experience of others at this dealership. Since anyone who would be interested in buying my Ferrari thru them would reflect on my ability to sell my car. I understand that a badly run service dept. can be a symptom of a poorly run dealership overall and if that is the case than that is something I really need to know. If that is not the case I need to know that as well. Only two posts so far has dealt with the buying experience . One was positive and one negative. Any feedback in this regard would be greatly appreciated.Thanks. Peter

13. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #14 up4speed, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
    Peter, I don't think it's getting off topic. You mentioned that you had no experience with the dealer and wanted to know if anyone has dealt with them. You asked for feedback that is positive or negative, you got both! The only (valid) thing people can tell you is info regarding their OWN experience with them. It is up to you to determine what is good for you regarding your situation. In your case, you may not care about how they are as a dealer/repair shop, as long as they have high exposure and move your car. But as I said, it's up to you to decide. However, for me personally, a persons (or businesses) moral character will drive my decision to do business with them or not do business with them. If I am not comfortable with a person (or company), I would refuse to do business with them under any circumstances. It is usually not worth it for me to deal with the headaches involved.
    I believe that you should do as much research as possible and not listen to 2 or 3 of us here.
    I've never consigned a car, so I can't tell you what good or bad service is in that case, nor can I tell you how it can go wrong if the dealer is less than honest when consigning a car.
    No matter how you decide to sell it, good luck with the sale, and good luck with your next ride! I hope it goes smoothly.

14. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    I appreciate your input and will tread carefully. Its always much easier to buy than to sell.Peter

15. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    So a buyer calls to ask about your car and its condition, and the seller goes on to say our service shop went through the car and we think it's perfect/needs nothing. But the service department has a reputation as being untrustworthy and unreliable.

See the relevance now? I would not consign my car there.

16. cpoferrari

cpoferrari Karting

Jun 30, 2013
    Glad I read this. I'm looking at buying a 360 in the West Palm Beach area and looking for someone to inspect the car for me. Any recommendations?

17. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    this is all very interesting and surprising I visit Ferrari of PB at least once a month and BUD one of the salesmen there seems like a very knowledgable experienced car guy..
    I usually stop and walk thru service they seem ok to me. However i don't have my cars in PB so do not have experience with them... I am just in the area frequently...

18. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    question on consignment. my new car is coming in several months at F of PB. i am thinking consigning my car to them now, so i have a few questions from this panel of experts. if the car sells early, i was thinking of having them hold the funds until new car arrives which (6-9 months away) to save sales tax.
    1. is this just a bad idea for 6-9 months with this dealer? (i have had only positive experience with this dealer so far but have always been on the buy side)
    2. is there a better suggested way, i.e., requiring that funds are held in escrow?
    3. what is the right sales commission for selling the car (i have heard a range of 3-7%)?