Ft Lauderdale Yacht Clubs | FerrariChat

Ft Lauderdale Yacht Clubs

Discussion in 'Florida' started by ARTNNYC, Dec 28, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    As a recent arrival to the Ft Lauderdale area I have decided it would be nice to join one of the local yacht clubs. Any suggestions from members or people acquainted with the clubs that could give me advice since there are both Lauderdale Yacht Club as well as the Coral Ridge Yacht Club?

2. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    I've been to Coral Ridge a few times for events as a business associate of my wife is presumably a member because he has an annual party there. My experience is all from attending that event.

Coral Ridge is aging, but nicely. They have worked to keep the place looking good. There is good parking and the location is quite nice. The service, food and drink are pretty good. As I recall Coral Ridge has been there for a long time and has some nice dockage should you need a slip for a boat.

3. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    I'm a member and officer at LYC. Great club. Lots of events. Active membership. PM me with any questions.

LYC better located for boating vs Coral Ridge. Much closer access to ocean.

4. cheesey

cheesey Formula 3

Jun 23, 2011
    LYC is an active sailing club and participates with other clubs in organizing / sponsoring events. Their facility is very nice, for both social activities and on water events. As with all clubs, check the availability of slips, size and for draft issues... as a guest I have draft issues and am not able to use the hospitality of their facility...

5. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    Thanks for the information. I am purchasing a home with dock space in Harbor Beach so will not be needing dockage. I am more interested in social activities as well as dining and bar facilites

6. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Lyc better located for someone living in Harbor Beach. Club restaurant is very good an a good value too. 3 bars... 2 inside 1 outside.

PM sent.

7. HankCarp

HankCarp Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Aug 11, 2006
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Hank Carpenter
    Congrats and welcome to Fort Lauderdale! If you own a Ferrari and need any help for service or anything, please let me know. I would be happy to help! I also hope you'll get into the Ferrari Club of Broward County. Come by the dealership when you get settled and say hello. Best of luck on your move!

Hank Carpenter
    336-516-3855 cell
    [email protected]

8. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Hey Jerome what type of boat do/will you have? Given your tendency for speed but also art.....

9. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I was an LYC member for many years, member of the board, membership committee, board secretary, etc. We have since left the area, so I haven't had any recent experience to report. Good facilities, outstanding sailing program, etc. Personally I was disappointed in the dining the last four or five years I was a member.

10. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    Thanks Hank. I am already a very good customer of your sister dealership in Long Island. I will pop in sometime and say hello

11. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    I have not as of yet purchased a boat but will once I close on the house and have a place to dock it. I am still deciding which type to buy but expect the first will be a center console in the 25-27' range and then will graduate to something larger when I better assess my needs.

12. Dbacr

Dbacr Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 1, 2015
    Ft lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Dan
    LYC is very close to your new home. That would be my choice strictly due to ease of use.
    CRYC has limited memberships as well, so you can try it and see if you like it.