is it possible? | FerrariChat

is it possible?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by VK430gt, Nov 17, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VK430gt

VK430gt Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 18, 2006
    Anywhere Anytime
    Full Name:
    VK430GT DUH!!
    My brain-child, the Rugatto 3tscr10 that I have been drawing out and specing out, is finished. But, is it possible (mechanicly) 2 v10 seperate engines each 3 turbos, and combined 1900 bhp. all wheel drive, 7 speed dsg ( audi like) gearbox. full rear engined, 15 radiators to keep the car as cool as posible so horsepower is not lost in heat. 300+ mph, 0-60 1.4 seconds. Dual caliper ceramic brakes (front and back), triple spring (in each corner) suspension. I would like to know from everybody if my brainchild can be actually produced if a car company came along and asked for the designs. If it may not be possible how could it? (like advice on mechanical tweaks)
    Thanks so much!,
    Victor

2. dongerdude

dongerdude Formula 3

Mar 17, 2006
    Full Name:
    Carl
    Hey Victor
    I'm no engineer, so not qualified to give advice on technical matters, however, what kind of dimensions are you thinking of? Two V10s will take up a lot of space, even if you do a 'W' configuration. Also, remember all the difficulties that Bugatti had with getting the Veyron production ready. Any chance of you posting pics - be interesting to see what kind of look you're goin for?

3. VK430gt

VK430gt Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 18, 2006
    Anywhere Anytime
    Full Name:
    VK430GT DUH!!
    the car is supposed to be long. roughly as long as a mercedes s class. the interior would be in a configuration of comfort but almost siting neer above the front wheels. will post skeches in a few.

4. VK430gt

VK430gt Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 18, 2006
    Anywhere Anytime
    Full Name:
    VK430GT DUH!!
    #4 VK430gt, Nov 17, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    I'll give you credit. It looks like you worked really hard on this, and is very detailed. Looks pretty cool.

I really like the front of it, until you get to the wheels. The rims are a little oversized, but it is still really cool.

6. VK430gt

VK430gt Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 18, 2006
    Anywhere Anytime
    Full Name:
    VK430GT DUH!!
    thanks, but is there any tips you or anybody can give to improve it?

7. VK430gt

VK430gt Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 18, 2006
    Anywhere Anytime
    Full Name:
    VK430GT DUH!!
    your right, but thats how I drawed all my cars from square one, I thought that making the rim look small made the car look punie so I made the rims grand, and big to be intimidating. and plus, those dual caliper brakes need some room.

8. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    you are very right about it making the car look big. Good job on it. Have you ever heard of CADD?

9. VK430gt

VK430gt Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 18, 2006
    Anywhere Anytime
    Full Name:
    VK430GT DUH!!
    yep, to tell you the truth. I hate it! Becuase i used it in engineering drafting and everything I made on it looked like it was bland. I like drawing by hand, the old fasion way.

10. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    you should seriously consider making this car on there. It would be great to see 3D pics of it. I for one would love it see it.

11. VK430gt

VK430gt Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 18, 2006
    Anywhere Anytime
    Full Name:
    VK430GT DUH!!
    where do i get it for myself? how much does it cost?

12. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    I'm not quite sure. Would your school allow you to use it there in your free time? Before and after school?

13. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    do some research into vintage dragsters and land speed cars or tractor pulling tractors. The was a time when concepts were running wild... multiple blocks were mated together, multi engine drag cars, etc...

14. Carsonp

Carsonp Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Minnesota - NW subs
    Full Name:
    Carson Partain
    thats the most retarded thing ive ever heard..

1900bhp from 2 turbo V10s? :lol:

Ill take this and mop the floor with your over weight, overly complicated "dream" car in EVERY perfromance category

http://www.nelsonracingengines.com/pix-rides-ultima.html

if you need more power they go up to 3000hp (race gas) TT BBCs

KISS - keep it simple stupid

15. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Let's not beat up on the 14 year old, ok? When we were that age, most of us were doodling similar things in our notebooks too.

Vik, you might be interested in reading about Locost sports cars as a way to get a feel for what's involved in your design. Locosts are Lotus 7 inspired race cars that can be built at home for relatively low costs.

Links:
    Build Your Own Sports Car for as Little as £250 and Race It!, 2nd Ed

How to Build a Cheap Sports Car

Have fun

16. Carsonp

Carsonp Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Minnesota - NW subs
    Full Name:
    Carson Partain
    14? oops...

well its a good time to learn KISS :D

17. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    The brake discs look like 40mm, way too big, and with double brake calipers, you risk stopping the car too fast and throwing it out of balance. One caliper is enough for such a light car! Make sure you have black rims, thats the shizzzzzzzzit.!

18. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason
    You can actually scale off of those drawings?

"you risk stopping the car too fast" BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

19. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    40mm is about an inch and 1/2....

20. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Sorry, 400mm is what I meant, hey I 'm just trying to help the kid out!

21. VK430gt

VK430gt Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 18, 2006
    Anywhere Anytime
    Full Name:
    VK430GT DUH!!
    hey, at least it looks cool with double calipers. and the wheels are grey.

22. VK430gt

VK430gt Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 18, 2006
    Anywhere Anytime
    Full Name:
    VK430GT DUH!!
    i do have a confesion to make, i drew it all by hand, no ruler, no compass, no strait edge. all hand. just a pen and 4 colored pencils.

23. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    May want to watch what you say next time........ :(

24. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Vik,

Check out some history on some of the Mosler cars. The problem with your design is the complexity. There are Viper V10's that are making around 1,500hp, maybe more. Problem is that when you reach those power levels, you need BEEFY components. Those components are usually big and heavy and not driver friendly. Thats why its hard to produce them (as Bugatti will tell you).

You should *definitely* get into CAD and 3D modeling if you want a future in automotive design. Check out a program called Rhino3D. I believe it is relatively inexpensive and they have a free downloadable version. Learn to use it and know every aspect of it. Then you can create scaled designs and you can render them into photorealistic pictures. Imagine that - having actual real-life looking vehicles you designed. If you end up with a talent for it, you could get a head start on a future career by being a CAD expert now.

Guys, didn't Mosler develop some sort of car with two inline engines, except one was in back and one in front, connected with a transfer shaft through the driveline tunnel? As I recall the car was using Caddy Northstar engines and was hideous in a push-me-pull-you type of way.

25. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Rhino 3D is a good modeling program available here:
    http://www.rhino3d.com/
    It is from McNeel and Associates. They developed Accurender, which I used to use frequently. Rhino is pretty expensive (about $900), but the student edition is only $195. If you are serious about pursuing industrial design (like cars) it would be a great way to develope your skills. And Christmas is just around the corner, so it gives your parents a good gift they will feel good about buying you. Read alot, I like the idea of putting tweo blocks together, but in reading about very high performance cars, the key is low weight, instead of bigger power. So maybe look at making a light frame car. research the Ariel Atom for some ideas. Good luck, your sketches remind me of my days in school.
    :)
    BT