Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Other Cars > General Automotive Discussion

Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2012, 09:11 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Duane K Estill
F40-F50 Style"

This is probably the worst I've ever seen...shows no resemblance to anything Ferrari in any way. Ad says "F40-F50 Style"

http://www.autotraderclassics.com/cl...ationId=102903

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/att...1&d=1332725872
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 03-26-2012, 07:24 AM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Bill Kistner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane_Estill View Post
This is probably the worst I've ever seen...shows no resemblance to anything Ferrari in any way. Ad says "F40-F50 Style"

http://www.autotraderclassics.com/cl...ationId=102903

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/att...1&d=1332725872
Probably because it isn't supposed to resemble anything. Despite what the ad says, that was an original design, and it was marketed as such.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
"The right to self defense is fundamental to a free state. If, by dictate of the state, it is unlawful to defend your own person, you are not a citizen nor even a subject; you are property." -Bill Kistner
Old 03-26-2012, 07:26 AM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Bill Kistner
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerKr View Post
I think that stopped when some hotshot engineer came up with the concept of adding 5 nuts after hanging the wheel on those bolts someone put in the hub

Of course, the owners never bothered since their cars would catch on fire long before the wheels came off Thanks to evolution, fiero owners are now flame retardant from birth
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZSLA View Post
Tell me about it. I had an 84
I had a customer who put some 200K on her Fiero. I remember it was a 5-speed, but I can't for the life of me remember the year.

She was a cute little thing though. Car was kind of nice too.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
"The right to self defense is fundamental to a free state. If, by dictate of the state, it is unlawful to defend your own person, you are not a citizen nor even a subject; you are property." -Bill Kistner
Old 03-29-2012, 12:55 AM
Rookie
Non Subscribed

I have no idea what this is trying to replicate.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Repli...2#ht_646wt_958
Old 03-29-2012, 05:20 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Now you know!

The Aztec 7 is a kit car that was designed and built by one of the largest and longest-lived kit car companies in America called Fiberfab. Fiberfab got it's start in the early 1960's building street-rod parts and body panels for Mustangs. Their first full kit car was the Aztec GT. They came out with several versions of this car in the mid-1960's, and later they developed many other kits including the very popular Avenger/Valkyerie. In the early 1970's they decided to create a replica of the Bertone Carabo concept car and the Aztec 7 was born.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Zack
It is an Errari for sure...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $(KGrHqZHJBwE9rfwHlwCBPec3s34h!~~60_3.jpg (125.7 KB, 584 views)
Old 04-03-2012, 09:46 AM
Three Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: David
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zxgarage View Post
Amazing that he's willing to part with such a gem
Old 04-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Rookie
Non Subscribed

What a looker! I bet it turns heads wherever it goes!!! LOL
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 04-03-2012, 12:14 PM
F1 Rookie
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Bradley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan512bbi View Post
Porsche based on a Camry
1. It's clearly not a Porsche.
2. It is, however, a pretty good approximation of what every Camry should have looked like.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Non Subscribed

Full Name: Steve.
Quote:
Wow love it
Old 04-10-2012, 09:04 AM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: CH
CRUSH 'em

MB no fan of 'replicas' it seems>

Daimler will not tolerate companies trying to copy their cars. In a press release, Daimler reported that they crushed a fake body of the Mercedes 300 SL that German customs officials confiscated.

Although it was made in fiberglass, the full size replica of the three-star's creation was still an infringement of their "work of art," said Daimler. See the press release and photos after the jump.

Unlawful replica of a Mercedes-Benz 300 SL destroyed

Daimler AG takes a firm line on vehicle replicas

Stuttgart - Mercedes-Benz Classic has destroyed the replica body of a Mercedes-Benz 300 SL. The courts have ruled that it is not legal to market the body, which was seized by German customs officials.

The body shape of the legendary gullwing model has been trademarked by Daimler AG. Anyone building, offering or selling replicas of the vehicle is in breach of the Company's rights. This even applies if the replicas do not incorporate any logos or trademarks of the Company. Daimler AG has long taken a tough approach to vehicle replicas.

As a work of applied art, the body of the 300 SL has been under copyright protection for a number of decades. The employees who designed the famous gullwing model in the 1950s granted Daimler AG comprehensive exploitation rights. The body shape has also been trademarked by Daimler AG, as recently confirmed by the Stuttgart regional court (case no. 17 O 304/10, final and binding judgment dated 9 December 2010, following withdrawal of an appeal).

A case had arisen in which a company based in Germany had built an unlawful replica of a Mercedes-Benz 300 SL (W 198 series). The first step in destroying the replica was to separate the chassis from the body. The Mercedes-Benz used-parts centre, which is also responsible for scrapping all Mercedes-Benz prototypes from the development units, then destroyed the body on behalf of Daimler AG. The certified equipment used in the centre includes two presses, each applying over 30 tonnes of pressure. The replica sports car had a fibreglass body weighing precisely 148 kilograms, which the compressor smashed into small pieces. This dramatic end to the unlawful body was officially documented with a signed and stamped 'confirmation of scrappage'.

The Mercedes-Benz 300 SL (W 198 series) is one of the best known cars in the world. It was launched on the market in 1954 as a coupé with distinctive gullwing doors. In 1999, an international panel of judges voted it 'sports car of the century'. Today, the original gullwing model and its roadster variant, which was introduced in 1957, are two of the most coveted vehicles on the international classic car scene. All the major car collections worldwide feature the 300 SL - an icon of design and engineering expertise.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:08 PM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Full Name: Jay
Quote:
I wouldn't mind owning an Aztec 7, I could very well be more rarer to see than an Enzo or a Veyron. There's less than 200 of them out there.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:09 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: dave
wasn't that a fiberfab product?? i used to drive by their "facility" off 880 in fremont CA way back when.....
Old 04-25-2012, 05:15 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Yes Fiberfab -- They are back in business with the Valkarie (GT-40ish inspired) new ownership
www.fiberfab.us
Old 04-25-2012, 12:59 PM
F1 Rookie
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by VF1Skullangel View Post
I wouldn't mind owning an Aztec 7, I could very well be more rarer to see than an Enzo or a Veyron. There's less than 200 of them out there.
For a kit car/rebody or whatever it might be called, it's pretty cool: It improves the look of the Fiero and is not trying to replicate a Ferrari or other exotic car - one owner's misguided application of (ahem, crappy) lettering notwithstanding.

Rarity doesn't count for much in and of itself for me, though. The old VW-based BradleyGTs, for example, are nearly nonexistent now - and that's a good thing.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Formula 3
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: George B. LaFleur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
For a kit car/rebody or whatever it might be called, it's pretty cool: It improves the look of the Fiero and is not trying to replicate a Ferrari or other exotic car - one owner's misguided application of (ahem, crappy) lettering notwithstanding.

Rarity doesn't count for much in and of itself for me, though. The old VW-based BradleyGTs, for example, are nearly nonexistent now - and that's a good thing.
http://www.fiberfabaztec7.com/

Actually, the Aztec 7 was trying to be this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_Romeo_Carabo

but this is a nice attempt at it...

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2010/05...o-replica.html

Last edited by 308geo; 04-25-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 04-26-2012, 10:09 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

I saw this from a distance and it made me want to take a closer look
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bullgatti-Veyron.jpg (159.3 KB, 377 views)
Old 04-26-2012, 12:11 PM
F1 Rookie
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 308geo View Post

Thanks for that information! I always thought that the "Aztec 7 re-bodies were original. . . In any case, it doesn't look much like the Alfa. Seems like a radical design that would be difficult to copy very accurately.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:40 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Greg
Now that's a 328!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/fully...item43afcd8dab

No affiliation of course. I really hope his reserve is considerably less than the buy it now... :P
Old 05-15-2012, 11:46 AM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Lifetime Rossa

Full Name: Jedi
My Garage
$75,000 buy it now??? WTH??

Jedi