CLK 63 Black series / Price Drop AMG | FerrariChat

CLK 63 Black series / Price Drop AMG

Discussion in 'Other German' started by msdesignltd, Feb 6, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

AMG prices are like a big lead balloon.

Give it time, they'll be $50k. A lot of car for the money.

RMX

2. Blue4reF1

Blue4reF1 Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Plantation, FL
    Full Name:
    Blake Simon
    +1. It's crazy that AMG car's seem to take hits after just a year or so. Heck, my dad just bought a SL55 for $55k with a sticker of $140k+ 6 months ago and now it's probably in the $40K range! Crazy what the economy has come to...

3. 95Aero

95Aero Karting

Dec 14, 2007
    Stamford
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    funny you mention that cause I was just looking at that earlier today.....amazing how the market has killed the price of the black series.....notice the number and cost of GT-R's on ebay now.....I'm sure its not just because of the launch control!

4. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I would LOVE a CLK 63 AMG B/S in silver with some of the F1 safety car graphics on it! Most of the time I hate that graphics thing, but it would just look so...mmmmm...out of place on an M/B! UNLESS you are a fan of F1 then you would know just what it was all about!

I drove one of the 1st gen CLK 55 AMG's back in the late '90's or early '00's and that car was pretty wicked back then, I can't even imagine how awesome this B/S is!

James

5. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

No matter the price, I think the CLK Black is a keeper. If I were building a collection I would buy one of these and probably never sell it. The black one on eBay you linked to is super sharp.

RMX

6. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    #8 WJHMH, Feb 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
  8. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Anyone know if rear seats can be retro fitted to these cars....Links?

9. Blue4reF1

Blue4reF1 Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Plantation, FL
    Full Name:
    Blake Simon
    I wouldn't say it couldn't be done, because isn't it true that they just took a CLK63 and made it lighter and faster?

10. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    How about those CLK DTMs? I'm a huge fan of those... Sleeper hypercar killer...

11. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    There is a company in europe that has rear seats. They are actually pretty cool looking. Problem is that it is impossible to get anyone back there. The front seats move forward only so much and do not tilt. It is a PITA to get back there for cleaning.

12. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    Ditto this. I was shocked when I saw the price of 2003 CL55's from anywhere between 25-30k. Too bad maintenance would be killer on them.

I'm not an MB fan at all, but the BS is probably one of my favorite cars - the right combination of exterior styling, a focused interior, and a fantastic engine to boot.

13. Blue4reF1

Blue4reF1 Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Plantation, FL
    Full Name:
    Blake Simon
    There's one for sale here in South Florida...I think there asking like $400-425k...

14. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    As an owner of one, I agree too that its a car I doubt I'll ever get rid off. Its so anti-AMG in how it handles, drive it one time and if you can scoop one up at the prices these days you won't be disappointed. I've had Lambos, Ferraris, Porsches....etc. I can honestly say from a handling perspective its the most fun car to drive I've ever had.

15. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    They're awesome. Saw one a couple of year ago in holland (one of only two!). Only a hundred made IIRC. There's a dutch guy who owns both an enzo and the CLK DTM. Says the CLK DTM is more fun to drive. Not 100% sure why but I think that it'll be easier to drive sideways has a lot to do with it...

16. Blue4reF1

Blue4reF1 Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Plantation, FL
    Full Name:
    Blake Simon
    CLK DTM more fun then a Enzo?! Crazy but could be true...

17. DriveAfterDark

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    I've seen the clip andI might just get one over just about any car in the world...

I don't doubt it because there was this player-dude over at 6speed forum, who got one, who claimed his friends Enzo was really struggling to pull away and in some runs the DTM got a car length ahead... It is also said to be very underrated in terms of power, by Mercedes, for not pissing off Mc SLR buyers...!!

Oooooh I love these mythical limited production cars :D "I read that, it totally rocks."

18. Blue4reF1

Blue4reF1 Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Plantation, FL
    Full Name:
    Blake Simon
    Woah, I totally need a CLK DTM now! :D :D :D

Here's the one in my neck of the woods. Only 30 minutes away from me and I may have to go check it out.

http://www.fortlauderdalecollection.com/detail-2005-mercedes~benz-clk~class-clk_dtm_amg-3685972.html

19. shredder66

shredder66 Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2006
    Melbourne/Singapore
    #22 shredder66, Feb 8, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
    There's about 5 here in Singapore. It's funny because I sometimes see them around parked in front of hotels next to other exotics, and occasionally at Ferrari/Lambo gatherings, and noone ever gives them a second look. To most people, it just looks like any other Merc, except with a 'wing' on the back, haha. It's phenomenal just how powerful and quick they are

20. Andy348

Andy348 Formula 3

Nov 4, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I believe Clarkson owns one aswell.

I love the look and if I had the money, I'd love to buy one :p :p

21. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    He does not own the CLK DTM as far as I know, but he sure was effusive over the CLK AMG 63 Black Series car! He LOVED that thing...could not stop raving about it!

22. DriveAfterDark

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    #25 DriveAfterDark, Feb 8, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
    A beauty, isn't it :)

I know, that's what I love about it!! This is the ultimate sleeper!