Mosler MT900 owners ? | FerrariChat

Mosler MT900 owners ?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by WILLIAM H, Nov 2, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Anybody here got 1 ?

How do you like it ?

Its # 1 on my list of next Supercar, Maybe 2011 :)

2. 1969 Mangusta

1969 Mangusta Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2007
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Harry
    Now you're talking!!! No I don't own one but I love that beast!

3. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Saw one in person and hated it just as much as the owner did. :(

They look great but as you get close you begin feel disgusted.

4. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    That makes no sense....

I've seen two, pretty badass if you ask me!

5. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    the cockpit reminds me of a cheaper Pagani Zonda, rather tight, its a real capsule. Apart from the cf the materials are not that great but a good upholstry shop can fix that

I sat in both

I'll have to take a Mosler for a spin one day for a better impression

6. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Will,

How about an Ultima GTR 720? IMHO it is better (performance wise) than MT900

7. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    #7 nthfinity, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Ultima is cool but I think MT900 is much better looking

9. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    I just came across this thread, I realize it is old, but Moslers are awesome! There are a few Mosler owners on this site. There is a guy on here that lives in my town & he owns 2...so they can't be all bad! They both have lots of power and one is a track car. He has a maroon (not sure the actual paint color name) one that looks amazing. It is a street legal beast! It is also quite amazing that it is American made. Not sure why there aren't more floating around, people should have order the s**t out of them! I know I would take one & enjoy it! Anyone have any idea on why they have depreciated so much? There is such a limited number of them and they are bada$$!!

10. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    I like the car too, I would think it would look crazy exotic coming down the street! Mosler still make cars?

11. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    It amazing to see in action! I have heard that production stopped, but they may make them opun request?

12. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Mosler sold his company a while back to Rossien. I think they are still producing versions of the last Mosler.

I always thought Mosler was rather brilliant and his cars have always been fast. I think he suffered from poor marketing, unusual styling(that first GTP) and some bad press-perhaps some of it justified.

13. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    I do remember hearing that. I would love to have a brand new Mosler from the factory! Such an amazing car! Maybe this summer I will get to ride in one. Fingers crossed!

14. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    They are loud, rough, the creaks and pops from the chassis are constant. The interior is cramped, the windows really have much of an opening.
    But it's one of the coolest cars I've been in. And if you happen to get in one that's bright orange, expect to have your picture taken multiple times. I've sat on both the Mosler and an S7, I like the Saleen shape better. Fit and finish was about the same, far from perfect but not horrible.

15. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    Very nice! I wouldn't mind getting in an S7, that is a very cool car as well! Came across two Moslers for sale, they both seem nice but would need an engine upgrade in my opinion.

16. f4udriver

f4udriver Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    I own 2 of them and I have done a lot of research and I have corresponded with several owners. I have found out that most if not all of the buyers are engineers or at least started to be an engineer at some time.
    This includes Lee, Hassan, Todd, Everett and I am the one who had 2 years of engineering before changing my major. That is 5 of the 21 cars built in the US.

The fit and finish on my red Mosler is top notch. True they weren't that great in the beginning but some of the early cars were sent back to the factory to be re-done with a better finish, mostly paint prep issues.

If you are not the type that wants performance at all costs then you would not like the Mosler. The creeks are from the heim joints and they do transmit a lot of noise through the body somewhat due to the solid engine mounts. The air conditioning works great and not having power steering or power brakes works just fine.
    Surprisingly I have only rubbed a curb once even though my ride height is less then 2 inches. This is mostly due to the front tires being so far forward.

The radio reception is near zero because of the carbon fiber.

I find the ride to be better then you would expect and I drive it all over, whenever I want, except for bad weather.

The biggest problem is how hard it is to get traction even with Hoosier A6's they let lose even at 70mph. I am going to try Nitto's this summer and I have been told they will hook up better.

I currently have a Ford GT, MP4-12c, Downdraft Countach, and the 2 Mosler's. I used to have a Testarossa, Lotus turbo Esprit and a purpose built M6BGT with a real Lola T-70 suspension and 600HP. The Mosler is a big step above all of those cars in performance.

You can't compare it to a BMW or Porshe it is a totally different animal. I think a lot of people don't understand what it takes to get this kind of performance and they bad mouth it because it does not appeal to them. For me the only next step is a real Indy type car for the street.

I have given rides to friends who have won national go cart races, with speeds in excess of 140 almost sitting on the ground and another who does low level aerobatics at air shows. Both have declined a second ride. I have let about 5 other friends try to drive it. None of them could master the light weight clutch and they all killed it multiple times.
    Once again performance over comfort. None of them liked it.

I do

17. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    Mike,
    Thank you for the input, it is nice to hear your perspective considering you own 2! It serves it's purpose; it is an American made supercar. It isn't meant to be taken for a stroll down town. It is meant to be a street legal monster!

I hope you are able to get all the issues fixed on your new one & are able to get it to a track soon. Just learned there is a guy who has a purple Mosler & Diablo where I will be moving to. I hope you enjoy it for years to come. I hope to see you on the streets soon.

18. solofast

solofast Formula 3

Oct 8, 2007
    Indianapolis
    Mike,

My experience with running what are basically race tire compound tires on the street is that they heat cycle out pretty quickly and then are pretty much worthless. I ran A6's for years autocrossing and after 40 runs they fell off quickly in performance and hardened up. Heat cycling on the street isn't going to be quite that bad, but after a couple of months the tires will get hard and have worse performance than a good street tire.

Kuhmo's weren't as bad as far as heat cycling goes, and after they got hard you could dope them or just get them pretty hot and they worked much better.

The SCCA has a set of street tire solo classes and there are several tires that are doing well there and those tires are actually "streetable" in that they don't get hard with daily use and are actually pretty decent tires from a life/performance basis. While definitely not as sticky as an new A6, they are probably a better solution, unless you are looking for crazy grip on the street.

19. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    #19 BT, Mar 6, 2014
    I drove the prototype supercharged MT900 as a 40th birthday present. Todd Wagner brought the car over for a surprise party and let me drive it on the Beeline Hwy. The clutch is very quick, and with the lightweight flywheel it is very easy to stall. I only stalled it once in doing an 8 point turn around... The car will light up the tires at any speed in third gear when you mat it, but fourth is okay. I recall going down the Beeline in 4th gear at 51 mph, around 1600 rpm, and flooring it. I then counted 1, 2, almost 3 and let off the gas going 108. It is unreal. I would either kill myself or lose my license if I drove one regularly. The speed builds so quick you hardly have time to let up!

I think I met Todd for lunch one day when he brought the red car shown above to meet me at a café in Lake Park. Some pics from various Mosler encounters at my house and around town.

:)
    BT
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    Very nice! It's always a good day when a Mosler is parked in the yard.

21. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
  22. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    That red is awesome! Really the Mosler is good in any color! It is so simple yet, such an awesome car!

23. f4udriver

f4udriver Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    #23 f4udriver, Mar 6, 2014
  24. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    I cannot wait for the nice weather so I can see your new Mosler in person! Any idea on what the plates are going to say?

25. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    #25 leead1, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
    I have had very good service with my car, It is really a high HP Corvette in a very light and stunning body.

My car has given perfect reliability so far. I is most likley the fastest and quickest car I own. I picked mine up at the manufacturier. They are still making cars in South Florida. Roisson however it is spelled owns them and makes at the facility Mosler, Nobels and Rosson

I was told my car would do 255 mph and 0-60 8.42 secs. Neither of these numbers I can varify although the car is fast.

The only down point as NativeTroy mentions is they do creek. My car has the small windows so they do not blow out at high speed. Most of their street cars have regular sized windows. The pictures I think are my Mosler.

I set my car height 5 inches so I have no trouble. I also had my suspension locked down so the car turns flat and tight. This I believe can be set as desired.

I have never seen another Mosler on the road. I kind of like that. When I bought mine you had to pay $35K before they would let you drive the car. They do take you out in the car. It is an impressive supercar.

Best

Lee